Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jim Berry
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    My only preparations would be to just unlock the jobs. As I struggled much playing as a DPS (NIN, BRD, DRG), I'll be sticking with my tanks.
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    My post reduces more damage then parry does.
    {http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/}

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Nothing..lol. Just going to level in POTD, which requires no gear. If I need gear..I have a BIS SMN..but then again I don't really care. Not in any rush..gonna take my time with Stormblood.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Celi Roronoa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm not going to worry about them till I have Stormblood. I'll just lvl Red Mage alongside my main job (or whichever job I choose to do story with: AST, BRD, or SMN) while doing the story using leveling dungeons. Ill get poetics gear when I unlock it and I have lv60 casting gear. Samurai will be leveled sometime after RDM.
    (0)

Celi Roronoa || WHM | DNC | BRD
    I'm female IRL. My sister is Kuroashi/Aoi Kurogane.

Player
    Character
    Suzuko Seki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm just thinking of glamours for the red mage..since Red mage will be the closest thing to me being like weiss..or so I think. Other than that, I'm just getting as much gil, and organizing my SMN gear so I can get to it when needed~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    My main preparations for the new job:
    I'm slowly acquiring augmented ironworks gear now. No point in capping out poetics when the 2000 tomestones isn't enough to buy a full set of gear, let along augment it. I'm storing the items in my retainer's inventory, and will probably be getting a group together to get gear from coils if I'm not completed by the time the jobs launch.

For level 60, I was already working on BIS for black mage an monk, so.... I hope RDM likes spell speed! If not, it's just leveling gear to get to level 70 anyway. Also I'll be storing totems from Zurvan for a level 60 weapon, and already have the items in place to buy an ironworks level 50 weapon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    Presently stocking up on items for relic mainly. IF there is going to be anima version of it for them I would like to have it done before hand. If not got two extra sets for other jobs for when I'm bored. Along with that stocking up with gill, planned time of work and seeing what I can do in advance for school so I can have the month off if possible :P
    Don't count on it, DRK/MCH/AST didn't have a zodiac weapon, and I think the devs would focus on 4.x relics for the new jobs rather than an outdated relic.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm just gonna craft them gear as I have little interest in either job.
    I've already got decent gear for level 60 for them, it's the level 50-59 area that requires some effort on my part. The level 60+ content will get my SAM ready as I'll be leveling MNK 1st but my RDM can stagger behind a little til I bother with it.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Don't count on it, DRK/MCH/AST didn't have a zodiac weapon, and I think the devs would focus on 4.x relics for the new jobs rather than an outdated relic.
    True hands IF, eventually I'm doing all relics almost done with Zodiacs for now :P Besides pretty easy to get sand items.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 03-31-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: addition

Player
    Character
    Franco Artorias
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I think you're definitely on the right track in terms of your preparation strategy. I myself am considering a swap to Samurai in Stormblood, and what you're doing is identical to what I have been planning. Farm out as much from Final Coil and Creator Savage as possible, and if you have A12S on farm, I suggest you save 8 pages in a retainer to have them reserved for the Katana, so you have an immediate i275 weapon when you reach lv.60.

Having 99/99 level for PoTD doesn't sound like a bad idea either, though at the present moment the exp gain isn't scaled well from 50-60 (though that could very well change once Stormblood launches). Having those additional EXP buffs could go a long way too.

In terms of relic possibilities, if the next relic stage is similar to Heavensward (where you could skip a stage with a complete anima weapon), it wouldn't hurt to have that relic completed, or even have a second relic as back-up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I have personally found it helpful to save my 130 sets as THM and PGL gearsets so that I don't hurriedly turn them in without thinking, and so that it's clear that they are gearsets for not-BLM and not-MNK.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast