Player
    Character
    Oxix Lahun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

The full scaling dungeon type?

I'm talking about a dungeon instance simply scaling the difficulty depending on the amount of participants. Let say between 1 and 100 people versus amount of spawning mobs and bosses.

Also in rewards, etc..

You mostly see this in (online) action type group shooters (as a map)... why would this be a bad thing in mmo's?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    We sort of have that in the form of FATEs...

I dont think it would be a "bad" thing, it would be a "different" thing - there are pros and cons to both ways and at least for FFXIV the devs simply choose the way of fixed partys now.
    To mention a few pros here:

1) It allows for more interesting mechanics since the team knows excatly what party-composition they're dealing with
    2) Looking at large FATEs or hunts this game obviously cant handle large amounts of people in one area, fighting one mob
    3) Screenclutter - at least for me 24 people in the 24-raids are enough already to fill my screen. This might be a personal preference, but if your personal preference is to have more characters on the screen there seem to be options for this and you can choose one of them. Not every game has to appeal to you 100% or has to change to achieve that.

and a question: do you mean it will scale at the start or in progress?

I think you fail to see that those are two types of games appealing to different playstyles - one is a lot more focused on just the gameplay (you play battlefield because you want to play that massive shooter), the other one has a lot more to offer. Dungeons are almost always tied to the story, so having them cluttered with a lot of people doesnt really make sense.
    In the end its a design choice...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    They do have the systems to do this (Frontlines used to scale between 8v8v8, 16v16v16 and 24v24v24 based on number queuing now they scale between 8v8v8 and 24v24v24).

The FFXIV dev teams designs PvE content around light parties (1t/1h/2d), full parties (2t/2h/2md/2rd) and alliance+ (3+ full parties with 1t/2h/5d).

They could design a Diadem style battlefield instance that scales with the number of parties in it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    They could design this in the Diadem or even a pve version of shatter
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saito Hikari
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I've heard something like this is already in place for Diadem, the final boss of the EM has HP scaling to the total amount of players in the instance.

The issue is ALL THE OTHER MOBS BEFORE HIM don't.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakamoto
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    While I understand that there are those who do not roleplay (unlike our server), we had been asking for the limit of the dungeon to increase limitations of people for a very long time in order to explore freely like FF14 1.0 and FF11 where you can go into the dungeon to explore (and yes there were monsters in there too). There needs to be infinite time limit with max limit of 8-24 to explore in unsynced mode with an option of no mobs as well.

I am sure there are non-roleplayers who want this as well just to explore and take screenshots.

Please make this happen.
    (0)

Player

I would love this actually. I've seen this in a few MUD, as well as f2p mmo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Meliora
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    While I understand that there are those who do not roleplay (unlike our server), we had been asking for the limit of the dungeon to increase limitations of people for a very long time in order to explore freely like FF14 1.0 and FF11 where you can go into the dungeon to explore (and yes there were monsters in there too). There needs to be infinite time limit with max limit of 8-24 to explore in unsynced mode with an option of no mobs as well.

I am sure there are non-roleplayers who want this as well just to explore and take screenshots.

Please make this happen.
    You could just clear the dungeon, then go back and take pictures. They do offer an excesivley long time limit after all.
    (0)