Player
    Character
    Shining Force
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55

Special armor/special weapons

My friend got this nice armor which is I believe a 'Special Armor' that you get after lvl 45 and it is on a job quest.
    Now I have been scanning the internet and whilst all the comments/lists there tell you that there is this armor/weapon even with list of them (some) nobody seems to know or want to tell a person where you can get it, i.e. the contact person to get the job quests.

For instance I have done my job quests with Black Mage till level 30 I think or thereabouts when I needed to get the black mage jewel. But even my then contacts don't seem to be the right ones.

Is there anybody who can please tell me where to get the contact for the Black Mage special armor and weapons?
    I know the ones in the know do not want to give away what seems to be secrets but come on, don't be mean
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aethys Aeon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    each of the ARR jobs (the ones with classes) get gear called "AF gear" (Artifact Gear) given to them throughout their respective level 45 quest. you get head, gloves, legs, and feet pieces. The chestpiece and a further enhanced version of the entire set are given as rewards from completing the level 50 job quest.

as far as "weapons" go, that is tied to a very long and tedious quest chain that, frankly, isn't worth it for the stats. If you feel you must do it, it is best to go at it in chunks when you feel you have nothing to do. It really is just a glamour stick at this point, though a very shiny one. If you just want the weapon that is shown to you on creation, though, that is actually the first step in the chain, so you can just get that and not look back without trying to enhance it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fluffernuff; 03-26-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    The THM class quests always start at the Thaumaturge's Guild in Ul'dah. The BLM quests start either at an amalj'aa guy in a cave in Eastern Thanalan, or at a lalafell dressed in blue close to the Weaver's Guild in Ul'dah.

You can also check here and click on the quest name next to "Unlocks:" to the right and compare the quests with the ones in your journal in game. If you open the Journal, click "Completed" in the top right corner, and go to the class quest tab, you'll find the ones you've already done.
    (1)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernuff View Post
    as far as "weapons" go, that is tied to a very long and tedious quest chain that, frankly, isn't worth it for the stats.
    +1

Those weapons are called Relicts and are the only purple weapons ingame so far they each provide a fancy aura of light – today they are two questlines for Relict Weapons the first questline (Zodiac-Story) will end up with a ilvl 135 weapon (was max lvl in the old MSQ-Line) and every Job with sub-cls can get one (so sadly HW jobs can't) the other one is called Anima which will end up with a ilvl 275 weapon (current max. lvl for weapons so far). The questlines are both optional and provide their individual own stories. But like Fluff said... at least the older ones, the ARR Zodiac-Relicts, are just useful for glam or story-lovers. The Anima-Questline need at least one job on lvl 60 to get started. ^^

The speciality of this weapons is that you can freely set your sub-states out to your personal likings - something you can't do on any other gear in the game.

edit: we might see relict armors in the future as well... se are on their thoughts bout that :3
    (0)