Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hazelmine Eynmoenwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Stormblood > pool of blood > Pool of dead > Deadpool.
    deadpool cross-over ? ;u;

or I dunno the bllod of all people the guy at the end of 3.5 sacrificed to summon his primal...
    or all the blood spilled to free Doma and Ala mhigo?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ririta Rita
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Considering how the Eorzea Alliance is now involved into war thanks to the Griffin, that the Garleans now know that every single Eorzean citizen has the power to summon primals, and that the Griffin summoned a freaking primal on Garlean territory, I think that "Stormblood" means a section of the Garlean empire who wants to "Storm" Eorzea, exterminating it.
    (0)

Character
    Erik Mynhier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 74
    New SB theme by Slayer.... https://youtu.be/z8ZqFlw6hYg
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jim Berry
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    My question is, some people argue that the game is called "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" while others say it's titled "Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward". What is the actual name of the game now?
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    My post reduces more damage then parry does.
    {http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/}

Player
    Character
    J'talhdi Belhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Its worth mentioning they did discuss this, I think at the first fanfest, and to a great extent they ended up with Stormblood because they had a lot of trouble finding a title they could copyright. No joke. Koji apparently went through a how number of options that were like Crimson Liberator and such but they had issues with things like not being able to copyright the names of colors.

From a lore perspective I am sure they will figure out some relevance. I suspect it will probably be some reference to Rhalgr kind of like the Ala Mhigan's are the Stormblooded because they have Rhalgr's lightning in their veins, metaphorically speaking.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Berry View Post
    My question is, some people argue that the game is called "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" while others say it's titled "Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward". What is the actual name of the game now?
    The name of the game is what it has always been: Final Fantasy XIV. Although it was a relaunch ARR was a continuation of the game. Had 1.0's build not been scrapped it would have basically been a story expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DatPotato View Post
    Stormblood > pool of blood > Pool of dead > Deadpool.
    Oh my god,you're genius !!!

(0)
    Last edited by Kahnom; 03-26-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    It could mean restless blood. The ala mhigans have been wanting a revolution for some time now, with resistance numbers growing. And yet, at the center of the maelstrom of this bloodlust lies the true enemy...
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Friel Wyndor
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It will be the story of somebody who gets hit by lightning, and as a result suffers irregular blood-iron levels...

But seriously, I first wanted to say that "Heavensward" is such an awesome title that encapsulates many themes in the current expansion. Not only does it refer to the "Heavens' Ward" (a group of knights shielding their sacrosanct beliefs), but also a skyward direction (as in, the flight of dragons, or our flying mounts, or the trademark jump of a dragoon).

Hopefully "Stormblood" will follow this philosophy, but it's hard to guess correctly until it actually comes out. There are so many possible interpretations of what it could refer to! Do we take "storm" and "blood" literally, or figuratively? Is it referring to a genetic bloodline, or dynasty? Is the "storm" an actual meteorological event, or a violent conflict, or a deeply-held anger? I am tempted to agree with those who suggest it has something to do with Ala Mhigo's history, but since Garlemald and Doma are also clearly important states in the story I'm not sure what their roles are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyrebrand; 03-27-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 87
    War. War never changes.

I'm half expecting a huge massacre of sorts either with this upcoming patch, or the first half of Stormblood. I'd like to know WHY we're going to go from Ala Mhigo to Othard. I mean we saw what the Griffin did to his people and that's just the taste of what's to come. Also, I get the impression someone is going to betray us before expansion. I have my bets on three people.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast