Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    It actually might be done like that purposely to deter people from dcing to avoid 30 minute penalty.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    It actually might be done like that purposely to deter people from dcing to avoid 30 minute penalty.
    I do not really see where it would allow you to skip 30 minute penalty if you would be able to log back in right afterwards.
    Instead what it is doing now is often forcing the party to kick you because if you have not been back for 4-5 minutes, you will not come back, right? If you dced right before last boss, well gl with doing the dungeon over again from the beginning.

Some games will force character to log out if it has been logged in and will only require 2 quick attempts to log in, not 3-7 minutes because your character is still logged in.

In ff14, you can survive some mechanics by being dced, sometimes it will screw you up majorly. For example today in zurvan ex dps dced right after drop, couldnt log entire time so we wiped on meteors.
    (1)
    Last edited by Meenesfeja; 03-26-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Meenesfeja View Post
    I do not really see where it would allow you to skip 30 minute penalty if you would be able to log back in right afterwards.
    Instead what it is doing now is often forcing the party to kick you because if you have not been back for 4-5 minutes, you will not come back, right? If you dced right before last boss, well gl with doing the dungeon over again from the beginning.

Some games will force character to log out if it has been logged in and will only require 2 quick attempts to log in, not 3-7 minutes because your character is still logged in.

In ff14, you can survive some mechanics by being dced, sometimes it will screw you up majorly. For example today in zurvan ex dps dced right after drop, couldnt log entire time so we wiped on meteors.
    I was talking about the people saying they can't log back in right away after getting dced
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm fairly sure this is by design as an anti-cheat thing. In my experience it seems to take longer to let you back in if you're in an instance and even longer still if you're in battle, although I haven't done any formal testing!

SE have no way to tell actual disconnects from simulated ones (someone pulling out the cable) so they're most likely erring on the side of caution so people don't use it to skip moves/mechanics that would otherwise wipe them.

To OP: If you log into your router, it might (should?) tell you what the expiry time is for your IP address (Check under DHCP). With that you might be able to at least plan when it's going to happen (would have to check before starting game each time). You might also be able to renew the IP address from within your router (starting your 24 hour window again from that point). Failing that, you could just turn the router off/on before you start playing for the day. There's a high probability that'll force the IP address to renew and you'll have 24 hours from that point.

Also you could ask your ISP if it's possible to get a static IP address (currently you have a dynamic one). They may/may not offer this service and may charge a little extra a month for it, but you could ask. If your ISP doesn't change you wouldn't have these issues.

Hope some of this is some help!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaethra Tatrinae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    The system as it is now allows you to avoid the penalty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

What I would propose is to log out character as soon as somebody is trying to log in with that character.
    This is how the auto-reconnect should be imo. You get kicked, it should not force you to wait an insane amount of time to log back in(insane in the fact that you are generally desperately in need of getting back to duty!) Please fix the reconnect system SE.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I can set the hour when it will happen but usually it is within that hour I will be disconnected (as IP address is changed).
    Ideas?
    Can you set the time to be at 4am or a time that simply will not cause an issue for you as you will be asleep/at work/not playing XIV?
    (0)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Akira Torytomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    also what i find that helps is have a char on a completely differe data center log onto that char and sometimes it will force log out your other char
    (0)
    i7 12700k/EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Player
    Character
    Khalindra Nela
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqote View Post
    Can you set the time to be at 4am or a time that simply will not cause an issue for you as you will be asleep/at work/not playing XIV?
    the only way to set it up at 4am for me at least is to plug out the router and reconnect it again , mmh so i dont want really to wake up at 4am for that ;p
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post

To OP: If you log into your router, it might (should?) tell you what the expiry time is for your IP address (Check under DHCP). With that you might be able to at least plan when it's going to happen (would have to check before starting game each time). You might also be able to renew the IP address from within your router (starting your 24 hour window again from that point). Failing that, you could just turn the router off/on before you start playing for the day. There's a high probability that'll force the IP address to renew and you'll have 24 hours from that point.

Also you could ask your ISP if it's possible to get a static IP address (currently you have a dynamic one). They may/may not offer this service and may charge a little extra a month for it, but you could ask. If your ISP doesn't change you wouldn't have these issues.

Hope some of this is some help!
    It is already set to the time when I would be usually sleeping thanks to working full night shifts... But sometimes I cannot fall asleep or have a free day so there is that.
    I know how dynamic and static IP addresses work (have studied computer science which covered networking), I just find it totally retarded that I would need to pay extra fee every month just to have static address just to make up for the fact that sometimes when I am playing on that time frame I cannot log back right afterwards. It technically could be solved by letting you actually log back in right after dc as there are more people than me having this issue really and not everyone share the same circumstances as me. (In short I am a cheapskate and want to avoid paying extra if I can help it.)
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast