Player
    Character
    Felicia Vale
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Botanist xp slowing down

Hello! I recently started leveling Botanist. Its my first gathering job that I'm trying to focus on so I have a few questions:

I just hit 22 and I've been logging @ the lv20 camp since 15 or so, but now the exp has slowed to a crawl. I'm assuming leves work like battle classes where I wont be able to go to the lv30 camp until 25? I would just go to the next area and start on grade 4 logging points but the next Arbor Call ability doesn't come until 28 if ZAM is to be believed. So am I stuck with grade 3 logging points until I hit 25?
    (0)

2. 12-04-2011 12:34 PM

Player
    Character
    Felicia Vale
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Wow, that sounds like its going to suck worse than the situation I'm in now ; ; Thanks for the reply though. I thought of just doing regular grade 4 nodes, but without Arbor Call 4, it would probably be quicker to just stick to grade 3s as I dont know the area.
    (0)

4. 12-04-2011 12:55 PM

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I often ran into issues where my leave quests would take me to an area with a mob 10-40 levels more than me. Not that I was doing challenging leaves (I finished them all quickly and easily). Just the points were next to a mob that could beat me up in a few hits, and sometimes next to an NM that could beat me up in one hit.

Fortunately I am also a level 50 THM so I could clear the area before chopping. But if you do not have such a class (or person) to help out, it can result in failed leaves.

For level 25-35 I found the best approach was:
    1) Get 2 Leavequests for Cedarwood
    2) Do both leave quests
    3) On final leave quest return not to Cedarwood but Bearded Rock
    4) Run back into town
    5) Repeat

For level 35-45 I plan to do Camp Iron Rock. Unfortunately it will mean using Anima to get back to Limsa Lomina to pick up another two leaves.

Does anyone have any suggestions of less boring (or more efficient) ways of getting XP?

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kin Ryris
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I've just been working for the achievements, seems leveling is much faster then the achievement unlocks. I still have 1 zone to go for grade 2, and im already 22.

Thats not to say you get great exp, because you dont, im only getting 100~exp per swing. The achievement goals just give you something to aim for
    (0)
    xivpad - http://xivpads.com/?8065522

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions of less boring (or more efficient) ways of getting XP?
    Nope, beyond level 40, leves are the most efficient exp you can get. There's currently no real reason to cap DoL jobs though, so there's no rush.

If you happen to be going for a luminary though, there's no reason to do DoL leves at all. By the time you're done getting a luminary you'll be 50.
    (0)