Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverquick View Post
    Lol well I suppose that might explain it...

Still I am definitely interested in other DPS experience here as well.
    Yep. I noticed once I started spamming Doom Spike, I wound up with at least one comm; two often enough. People love speed running everything, xD.

On the other side of it, if I get a Goad. I want to stop and hug that Ninja.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malora Lyra
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I've gotten quite a few comms on all of my dps classes (as well as my healers and tanks). I can't say for sure how many are from what classes now but I had around 200 comms by the time I reached lvl 60 on my bard. But I mean I've had people give comms for being helpful, listening to advice, giving advice, just being friendly, and even things as simple as liking my glamour or thinking my toon was cute. So I mean I can't chalk up the comms I got to class or how I played that class.
    (0)

Character
    Y'aschas Massif
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 72
    I played healer in PotD and always got the other commendations when I didn't even have to heal or do anything because my cast times are so long. It's weird. I commend other MNKs just for being MNKs.

The only time I really get the majority is when I talk and show off my charisma. Otherwise I'm bypassed for the healer/tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Yep. I noticed once I started spamming Doom Spike, I wound up with at least one comm; two often enough. People love speed running everything, xD.

On the other side of it, if I get a Goad. I want to stop and hug that Ninja.
    Well I will back you there...

I notice myself getting more of them in AoE situations where I'm throwing down Bio 2, Miasma, Bio, then Bane... and then stepping into the crowd of mobs and spam Bliz 2 on top of it. And at later levels throwing in Miasma 2 and throwing down the Shadow. Mobs do tend to drop very fast.

So I have noticed I get more Coms during heavy AoE situations with lots of mobs coming in.

EDIT: I remember once being in a group with I thought a DRG, who was spamming Doom Spike, and I remember between the two of us just polishing off crowds of mobs left and right.
    (0)
    Last edited by Silverquick; 03-25-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Setsuna Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Personally I think it's just become so common knowledge that tanks and healers receive the most coms, that people give them their coms based on just that fact. Some don't even take notice how good or bad a dps is doing, and just blindly follows the trend, even if the tank and healer were horrible.

As some has said, the easiest way for a dps to get a com is to make yourself stand out, talk, joke all while still playing well.. And stray far away from making speeches in your macros
    (0)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverquick View Post
    What is everyone else's DPS experience with this.
    I don't really play DD classes, but I can say that as a White Mage, I tend to value friendliness over performance. So I'll commend a DD role as much as anyone else, which definitely reinforces your observations. Being silent is the only sure-fire way to avoid a commendation from me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tobias Deau
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I don't know, As a White Mage main now (use to be Bard), I rarely get commendations, now matter how hard or easy I Raise or Keep everybody alive I'd be lucky to get one, so I don't think that healers are on that same level as Tanks monopolizing commendations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velt Starcaller
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    If I'm tanking, I'll give the healer a com if they didn't let me die. If I'm healing, I'll give the tank a com if I didn't get beat on. If I'm dpsing, I'll give the dps a com, unless either the tank or heals were superb and the other dps kept messing up ( melee not using LB or such )

As of right now, leveling a SMN, I get a fair amount of coms for doing my job properly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It is hit and miss really. I could be doing most of the dps for runs and not get comms, not everyone votes either.
    I vote based on performance, so it can be any job really.
    On a different note i get more comms when i go as healer (In Palace), this is certainly not because i lack as dps, just the way it goes i guess, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arianya Advensten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    From a tanks point of view we don't get as many comm's as people think we do. Or at least I don't despite doing everything in my power to make the run as fast and smooth as I can for everyone. If I had to guess I would say 50-60% go to the healer, cause healers are the only role you can't live without. 20-30% to the DPS, cause it's better then comm'ing that tank that already gets enough as is. And 10-20% to the tank, cause the DPS stood in the fire and the healer can't comm him/her self. But that's just my point of view on things.

As for me when DPS'ing: Tank >> Healer* >> good/same DPS >> Friendly person >> Person with good glamour >> no one gets one.

*Starts here when I'm a tank.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast