World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    • Increased inventory capacity
    • Worldless (cross-world) party matching and friend management
    • Additional content & increased field size for new areas
    Would really like to see either more retainers or a freaking glamour log added to that list. >_>

Glad to hear y'all are able to reinvest to improve things though. I hope you take full advantage of this modernization!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Rawr
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I hope so !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asahina Karayami
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    This wont work well >.>

And no! I dont transfer my chars to EU Servers and loosing all my hard earned Gil and houses, friend. Im playing since 2013!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronys View Post
    How is this benefiting EU players again?
    EU Players received a brand new multi-million dollar DataCenter located within the EU. Just because some players chose not to move is their personal preference. You cannot disregard the millions spent to improve the majority of the EU with their own dedicated DataCenter physically located in the EU.

Many players seem to forget that when ARR released, Chaos DataCenter was always the recommended servers for EU players. Due to primetime hrs of play and language concerns. When Chaos received its own location in the EU there was no fees for existing players on the DataCenter.

I personally see no reason why players should be compensated when they personally decided not to go on the recommended servers. The same goes for NA players that did receive free transfers. I was against it from day one because again it was their personal choice.

So we are in agreement on unfairness. However, I believe personal choices against recommendations on all fronts should not be compensated, period.

The maid outfit is a completely different issue and I agree with the EU players. I understand SE wanted to work with an EU based company. However, the agreements and requirements of the campaign and execution was horrible. Really wish they worked with Amazon or more a established company with promotions like the other campaigns. With how badly it went, I personally feel every EU based account that was active during it should receive the items, period.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Roughhamster Wheelies
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 55
    I was also thinking about the moon also, Mars is so much more colorful though, lol!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lauralanthlas Kyiardi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Not in NA? Gaming VPNs. Find one that will route hop straight to the server region. Probably Chicago, if I was to guess.

You're welcome.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsherman View Post
    Will SE be putting anything in place to keep spoilage from happening when people can't get on to give attention to things going on over the downtime period of up to 48 hours? (I believe this probably only pertains to growing things in a garden, but there might be other stuff too.)
    I can pretty much guarantee that they won't as it would result in discontinuity between server times. They've never done it before, put it that way!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaelysis Amara
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by WarbossGrim View Post
    And people in Australia and NZ forget that they are still a minority compared to North America. There is very little reason to give NA players a shittier experience to make up for your infrastructure. If it were truly a priority, they could put a server in Sydney or something and let you guys connect over bailing twine or whatever you have for connections more easily. It's not called the "North America and also the other side of the world" data center. They really shouldn't be moving it to the West Coast to help a small, small minority.
    Unfortunately you seemed to miss the part where it's not our infrastructure that's the problem. If I can connect to game servers on the US west coast at 120ms, and the east coast at 220ms. Doesn't it make sense that TX servers should be somewhere in between those two? Except that they aren't. Games with servers in TX are 350ms. That's not an Australian infrastructure problem.

I get it we are a minority, we always will be, and our base is split between the JP servers and the US servers, hell there may even been Australians on the EU servers. Currently with the servers on the east coast in Canada my connection just barely make the cutoff for what SE considers playable. My experience with MMOs that have moved to TX is that the game will become unplayable. Someone connecting from west coast to east coast is still going to be well under the limit of what SE considers playable, it won't effect NA players in any way except that hopefully you avoid the packet loss issues that plague the game right now. The long and short of it is that regardless of where they move I can't see NA players being affect much at all - Canada, SA, EU, AUS/NZ yes, and it's not just physical distance that's at play here, internet routing is not a simple matter of straight from one place to another.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lozza; 04-29-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Length

Player
    Character
    Zela Vixxen
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    People will likely figure out where the servers are as soon as they connect. It's not like you have exactly hidden the current servers locations. Why hide it now?
    This is the cyber era as it were, cyber crime is the largest growing form of crime globally, where as software can be detected and fixed more easily, a physical device planted by a criminal that can be activated remotely or on a timer is like finding a needle in a hay stack. This information is withheld to safeguard their multi-million dollar investment as well as our data, once we 'plug in' sure we can trace it, but at that time the data center will be secure, both physically and electronically. -- You need not ask why anyone would target a game server, DDOS attacks are quite common, this Cyber Terrorism is something everyone is exposed to, by its very definition its indiscriminate. -- For a multi-million dollar investment a bit of secrecy is a small price to pay.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ama Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I hope these new servers means better equipment to address these:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...me-too-slow%29
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...space-increase

In short if you can't do address this yet, give us a free 3rd and 4th retainer? do you think it is fair for us pay double the sub for a game shortcoming?

For me feeling lag in this game I like to point out these to posts in the animation lock thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ama_Hamada View Post

https://gyazo.com/9c14cf71dc74c2bbe1f7a8dc2dd43169
    (doono how make it bigger on direct link, but it keeps in the 50's and I see lag in the game.)

Its Se server end, game is laggy as hell, it is unplayable in a sense it prevents me from maximizing my DPS. I am being picky but I do not care, a game should not feel laggy at a ms in the 50's , it is from how slow the servers are at processing and "animation locks"

Also for the comment about it being gaming device from upgrading to ps4 from Ps3:

Loading Times by Scene
    Scene #1 2.186 sec
    Scene #2 2.982 sec
    Scene #3 2.398 sec
    Scene #4 3.423 sec
    Scene #5 6.244 sec
    Scene #6 1.483 sec
    Total Loading Time 18.718 sec
    care to try again?:

10/10
    It is SE's end, not mine, that is to Quebec Canada while on the game, just now, while posting this.

What did the say the game was supposed to be playable on? 180 ping was it?

I do not call it playable when I can be hit for full damage up to 2 sec after i used Attunement. Something is wrong and the point of this thread is to get it addressed.
    Even with this, at 40-59 (max) ms , I feel lag, I can still attack things that are dead, I can use LB/and just about any healing ability like Lustrate, have it go off and not work. I seen a lot of abilities/ LB use resources, or in benediction go on cooldown, and not work. Is there going to be addressing this slow processing problems and leads to problems on server end when one tries to maximize DPS?
    Following for a friend:
    I noticed this problem for a long time, start of 2.0+. There should be no reason my exp chain expires when there is 2 seconds left to go and I killed something. That right there tells me servers are slow and have been since 2.0 release and I feel it is a lingering problem from 1.0+. I submitted things though the comments and suggestions ingame tool but nothing came out of it. Now that I found someone that can post for me and being outspoken on this issue, I hope it becomes addressed.

More information why the game is too slow, and these delays does not make it magically playable at 200 ms, it is just annoying to people that have a fast eye to things and want to maximize damage/efficiency.
    Look, look:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...51#post4130751

Proof right there the game is too slow.

The BRD finished casting straight shot before the SCH died, meaning once the SCH did die, the monster should of attacked the BRD, then the PLD after being shield lob.

But because animation locks makes this game so slow, The BRD needed to wait for the animation to finish, to apply the straight shot for real, and get the buff, well this happened after the SCH died, so the monster went on reset.

Now I see why people call it animation lock because that is what it is. If I kill something with 2 sec left on the chain, I am locked in waiting for the monster to fade away and finish dying. This is unreal and takes too long, why have chain 5+ be 10 seconds then? animation locks makes this game way too slow. This also means everything has different speeds of applying and that is nonsense. bloodletter for example is wayyyy to damn slow.

If I hit deathflare in time, and in time enough for me to start the animation hop, it should not be canceled because "wore off", blizzard IV bypasses this, how come not death flare? This animation lock issue causes an imbalance from ability to ability because some are longer then others.
    It is a coding issue on when stuff is processed in tanking place, locked behind animation. This causes stuff to go on CD, but have no effect in battle. This is why things die with 2 seconds to go on the chain timer, but end up saying "time up" because the monster is still locked in animation of dying. FFXI was not like this with these delays so why do it here in a faster pace game?
    (2)
    Last edited by Ama_Hamada; 05-07-2017 at 12:35 AM.

11. 05-06-2017 02:25 AM

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast