Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MagiusNecros View Post
    Because it also provides 33% of your total damage as a glorified DoT.
    Naw its probably closer to 25% you'd have to be a pretty crappy Summoner and not use your other abilities if your pet's auto attack is doing that percentage of your damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velt Starcaller
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Because it also provides 33% of your total damage as a glorified DoT.
    I don't think they mean to get rid of garuda. Just give SMN the ability to use contagion and remove that ability from the pet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches1974 View Post
    I don't think they mean to get rid of garuda. Just give SMN the ability to use contagion and remove that ability from the pet.
    Putting Ifrit back into the spotlight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yeaaaaaah. Kinda why I have reservations about that. I kinda feel the BLM's aren't getting their tier 4 Thunder. Removing T2/T3 yet keeping Fire2-4/Bliz2-4.
    I think the main reason is because the way Thunder is set up. Basically, once you have Thunder III, Thunder II becones obsolete, my guess is if a Thunder IV was added Thunder III would be too.

Putting Ifrit back into the spotlight.
    Pfft... forget Ifrit, SHIVA!!!!!
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches1974 View Post
    That was my line of thought until you see the wind blast go off and you're still mashing the buttons, only to see another wind blast go off, instead of contagion.
    I wanna say that's most likely input lag, although it could be that it already had another Wind Blast in its ability queue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nol Lac'nala
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    Have you even played Summoner past 50?

It's Watch Paint Peel: The Job. Forgive me for leaving out the occasional Akh Morn.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    You mean SMN's that don't know what they're doing put DoTs on and spam Ruin.
    Those probably aren't even players, they're most likely mouse macros behind the wheel.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ririta Rita
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    snip
    They're removing the possibility of using different tiers. The base spell will be upgraded as we level. It isn't confirmed that Thunder II and III will no longer exist in any form.

The question is if it's gonna be done through traits (reach x level for Thunder II trait, increasing Thunder's damage and updating its animation) - if so, then Thunder IV is completely possible and an obvious course, which is why I mentioned it.

Considering how this game operates, I think that this would be the most likely way to do it since they always use traits to strenghten abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lotharius Lionheart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I originally posted this in another thread but I thought sharing it here would be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inosaska View Post
    It would be cool that Ysayle ability to transform would be included as another method which could replace the pets and give it more focus on being a summoner that channels the powers of the primals into. They don't even need to give you full form they could give you something like embodiment of armor which would give you the abilities of the primal until your Magi(Mana) runs out. You can of course freely leave the form at any time so that you don't completely drain your mana but it be a good way of making some nice changes to the job itself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jairy Shipwright
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NolLacnala View Post
    It's Watch Paint Peel: The Job. Forgive me for leaving out the occasional Akh Morn.

I'll have you know, it can be made very exciting. Just stay in melee range and vigorously thwack the enemy with your large and heavy book, for that last fraction of damage.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ririta View Post
    They're removing the possibility of using different tiers. The base spell will be upgraded as we level. It isn't confirmed that Thunder II and III will no longer exist in any form.

The question is if it's gonna be done through traits (reach x level for Thunder II trait, increasing Thunder's damage and updating its animation) - if so, then Thunder IV is completely possible and an obvious course, which is why I mentioned it.

Considering how this game operates, I think that this would be the most likely way to do it since they always use traits to strenghten abilities.
    I could very well see an AoE Thunder similar to Aero 3. Perhaps they will merge Thunder 1-3 together into one but make Thunder IV an AoE just renamed Thunder 2.
    (0)

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast