Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I don't think we have any solid idea of what is or isn't happening with the cross class system.
    I wouldn't worry just yet!
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    As holy knights, I wouldn't be surprised if they got role abilities for both healers and tanks, in the same way that BLM could be given role abilities for magic users and ranged damage dealers.
    Paladins are not holy knights in FFXIV, there simply "Knights". Unlike FF4, FFXIV "Paladins" are simply called "Naito" in Japanese, or "Knight". They are simply expert swordsmen that are handpicked from career gladiators, meant to be an elite unit to protect the Royal Family of Uldah. That said, nothing in their lore makes any mention of any holy power. In fact, Holy/Light isn't even an element in XIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    It's part of their kit, I don't think they'll lose it. If anything, when they do split SMN and SCH, SMN will probably just get "Rebirth Flame" as a reskin to Resurrection.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpec07 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. As a Paladin, it's one of the most distinctive parts of my tanking kit and with the cross-class system going away in 4.0, I'm really gonna miss it.

Yes, I know it's suboptimal for tanking purposes, but the extra mitigation it provides can really be handy in a pinch (especially in advance of a tankbuster). I know a lot of people don't use it or take it, but I do from time to time and I love it.
    I think internal release on warrior is gona have a worse effect on tanks , than pali losing stone skin I can live without stone skin with clemency but ir gives good damage on warrior
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
    I'm more worried about the possibility of Summoner losing Resurrection. Similar to how Rampart and Shadowskin are being merged, they could do the same with Raise which then gets made into a healer role skill. Scholar will still have access to it and Summoner will have space freed for new a new ability, but they would lose a pretty useful utility spell. (And to a lesser extent, Paladin as well.)
    how would they lose it if its an anarchist ability and they branch from the same class
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Because SE said they were doing away with classes in 5.0, which means SMN and SCH will be split, likely resulting in Arcanist losing Resurrection and Physick, and SCH getting renamed versions of all their ACN spells. Will also result in a slight MND boost, since ACN gets INT boosting traits but SCH doesn't use INT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    Because SE said they were doing away with classes in 5.0, which means SMN and SCH will be split, likely resulting in Arcanist losing Resurrection and Physick, and SCH getting renamed versions of all their ACN spells. Will also result in a slight MND boost, since ACN gets INT boosting traits but SCH doesn't use INT.
    Last I heard they said they 'wouldn't get rid of classes before 5.0' because it would be a lot of work, for not really all that much pay off, they've not said they would definitely remove them as far as I know.

I could certainly see Scholar or Summoner being shifted over to the advanced job pile though and getting a rework of their skills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nabi Yang
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    Paladins are not holy knights in FFXIV, there simply "Knights". Unlike FF4, FFXIV "Paladins" are simply called "Naito" in Japanese, or "Knight". They are simply expert swordsmen that are handpicked from career gladiators, meant to be an elite unit to protect the Royal Family of Uldah. That said, nothing in their lore makes any mention of any holy power. In fact, Holy/Light isn't even an element in XIV.
    umm Clemency. Divine Veil. they sure are holy. and the npc paladins cast Holy and Holy Blade Dance
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blue Plenilune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by bswpayton View Post
    how would they lose it if its an anarchist ability and they branch from the same class
    Well, what I was saying is that they can remove Resurrection as an Arcanist spell without negatively impacting Scholar because they could still access Raise as a healer role skill. All healers would then access Raise the same way which wouldn't put Scholar at a disadvantage. (I also suspect that the current method of slotting 5 additional actions will be completely reworked.) Stormblood won't bring the removal of classes, but SE doesn't need to wait for that in order to mess with Summoner and Scholar. The introduction of healer role skills provides a way to shift things like Resurrection away from Summoner while ensuring Scholar still has access to an identical spell (Raise).

On topic: Paladin losing Stoneskin is certainly a possibility. If that happens then it would be nice to see Paladin receive something that can achieve a similar effect.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Advent Shadowsoul
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I tend to agree if rampart/shadowskin can be taken off and mixed together as a role skill for all tasnks, its not far fetched to see stoneskin being a cross class and not cross role skill being taken aback. The same could happen to physik/cure and even worse resurrection/raise
    losing internal release is a very logical conclusion to me as well, since it fits DPS roles more than tank roles
    but given that, id like to see things like keen flurry/featherfoot(would be a bit broken on drk/pld) get added to the tank list, unless theyre just purely going peer to peer with the roles,
    we know "Naito"
    will be losing provoke/convalesence/rampart/probably awareness giving them room for a stoneskin equivalent

There is a logical reason for pushing roles into strictly just roles, even removing res from smn as was stated before that potentially splitting sch/smn up will allow them to make them much more different feel than in the past from each other.

This slightly homogenizes the roles, and frees up needed skill slots to allow them to create more individual feeling jobs in the three roles in the future. As for SB it may feel like homogenization and making all classes a bit generic feeling may be the result of this unless they do give pld its own stoneskin, and compensate other jobs as well accordingly
    (0)
    Last edited by ADVSS; 04-13-2017 at 05:38 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3