Player
    Character
    Bunny Boy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80

Overpopulation/Housing Fix

This may be an unpopular opinion but it was recently brought to my attention that there are actually so many "dead"/very low populated servers out there that have so many plots available. Ex.: Mateus, Goblet, Zalera etc.

Why doesn't SE impose a transfer limit to ridiculously overcrowded servers? For example, once a server hits a certain amount of characters, no one is allowed to transfer. Unless characters are deleted or transferred out and the character limit isn't at its limit. If people were just flat out prohibited from transferring to Balmung it would help the overpopulation and housing crisis. Yes, I know we have the character creation restriction which is always on.

Some may argue "but what about my RP community? What if I don't want to live on a dead server?" Well if people actually started transferring to these servers and populating them it wouldn't be dead and it would be just as lively as any other server.

Others may argue that this would only help solve the housing crisis temporarily. Yes... But so many people would finally be able to get a home for the time being. The people who complain about not being able to get a house on Balmung/Gilgamesh can finally get one and wouldn't have to dish out ungodly amounts of gils to pay someone to relinquish theirs. Once all the underpopulated servers are full THEN we can talk about adding more wards.

I'm pretty sure SE is fully aware that there are servers out there with soooo many plots available and that's why they haven't added more wards other than it costing resources.

So I say either SE imposes a transfer/character limit or lets people transfer out for free or something. A free transfer and a high chance at a home would be good incentive I think.
    (6)
    Last edited by Elany; 03-24-2017 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Character Limit

Character
    Y'aschas Massif
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 72
    Implement instanced housing. Lose ego boost. But hey, everyone gets a house.
    (8)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Because of the revenue, 20 dollars to transfer up to 8 per time paid. People want to be in servers were friends are and can get things done.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    And others transfer just for the sake of being on an infamous server, yet those same people are the ones whining about no housing when it could be easily solved.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ciel Valke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Not all those who complain about no houses are people who transferred over, though. It may seem like a solution to some, but it's hardly a fair one.
    (1)
    "I'm OK. This rock broke my fall."

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elany View Post
    Others may argue that this would only help solve the housing crisis temporarily.
    This wouldn't really help at all. Even if players were evenly distributed across all servers there still would be nowhere near enough plots for anyone.

We don't need something on top of this already broken system. We need real change. A gigantic addition of wards or a complete overhaul.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    This wouldn't really help at all. Even if players were evenly distributed across all servers there still would be nowhere near enough plots for anyone.
    Players aren't evenly distributed across all servers atm so you don't know that. And may I add not all players can afford housing anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Players aren't evenly distributed across all servers atm so you don't know that. And may I add not all players can afford housing anyway.
    There are about 500k active players. There aren't even 50k houses.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    AGAIN
    And may I add not all players can afford housing anyway.
    And may I also add that A LOT of players don't give a rat's ass about housing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    AGAIN

And may I also add that A LOT of players don't give a rat's ass about housing.
    So? That doesn't change that there aren't even remotely enough houses for every fc never mind every player. There aren't even enough houses for every player who want it so much more than most. Also for every player who really doesn't care about housing there are a few fcs who do. Sorry but your suggestion wouldn't remedy the housing issue at all. It would just spread it evenly across all the servers.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast