Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Blacklist functionality

If someone is on my blacklist, he doesn't get paired with me anymore ?
    If anyone have a link to any page that explains functionality as it is now in patch 3.55b, it will be good.
    TIA^
    (0)

Character
    Y'aschas Massif
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 72
    I don't understand this question.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    She wants (preferably official) description of what actually is limited by blacklisting someone. Before the patch most notable effects were obvious, like not beeing able to receive communication from them. That alone however makes it a bit redundant to blacklist someone from another server, which we can now do. So it would be nice to know what other aspects are limited, such as, possibly, the DF not pairing with them, or possible effects in the PF.
    (0)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    same as it was prior just extended for/by cross world. It never effected the DF in the past and I doubt that it will right now. Maybe further down the line that might become an option but right now it's PF only as far as I am aware. Meaning that if you black listed someone (server or cross server) you will see their PF entry grayed out, making you unable to join their party if they are the party leader. That does not apply to parties, that might have been formed by that person prior and the leader ship have been transferred to someone else, in that case you will be able to join the party and while that person won't be able to communicate with you via tell, he/she is clearly visible via party chat and in the group menu. Unless I missed the announcement in the last couple of weeks, that this has changed (sry wasn't much in game), I would stick with that for now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They can't party with you in any PF that you put together or that they put together. They can still party with you if neither of you is the party leader.

An odd quirk of the current functionality is that you can still be matched with them in Duty Finder, but you won't be able to see anything they say in /p chat. There won't be any indication of this, and your blacklist is not available during a duty, so you won't know unless you have a friend with you who can see the other person's chat or if the party members you don't have blisted look like they're talking to themselves.
    (3)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Kvietok Cholla
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    If that is the case then SE should change it. I blacklisted 4-5 people from other worlds because they were rude to prevent future encounters with then. Which is pointless if I can still be matched with them via DF. Also PF should be changed so its clearly marked if anyone (not just leader) is on your blacklist.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaRu View Post
    If someone is on my blacklist, he doesn't get paired with me anymore ?
    If anyone have a link to any page that explains functionality as it is now in patch 3.55b, it will be good.
    TIA^
    ee
    It doesn't appear to always work, at least cross server. I BL a guy in a potd and the next group a couple minutes later...there he was...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kumi Neko
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Today my obnoxious waifu who apparently had disappeared and all reappeared... after making me feel like crap over moving on. I tried to blacklist them only to noticed that while I can right-click in Eureka not see any communication from them again it doesn't stop the game from putting me in the same instances with the person. Now I cant add them to blacklist in my own server. I tried the window blacklist by /blacklist it has no ADD button. I tried right-clicking their name thru player search the option to blacklist doesn't show up on the menu.

I tried: /blist add "FirstrnameLastname" got an error of invalid pc name. I guess the only thing I can do which feels like stressing enough is see them on the place they are right-clicking their name then or send a tell fearing that if it doesn't work I would be calling attention to myself...

I don't know what the hell is wrong with blacklist but why should I feel as powerless and be at the mercy of someone who made me feel like crap.
    (0)
    Last edited by KumiNeko; 02-10-2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: to make synonyms of some words i guess

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    This is a fairly old thread, but @KumiNeko, you may want to edit out those curse words from your post. You will get banned from here for using them.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    KumiNeko, they recently changed how player targeted commands work due to tge world visit system.

Try /blist username@server
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast