Player
    Character
    Li'a Mimerya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orudeon View Post
    That's a little insensitive, I'm not the only one who plays this game who has bad internet.
    Ayy sorry that my comment was "a little insensitive". Didn't mean to hurt you in your safe space. But I'll have to agree. How could I ever not agree? When people don't the hardware necessary to play this game, it is on SE to fix that problem! I hope that they remove all oGCD's since they can be a pain in the ass with an 2000MS+ ping, I mean I'm not the only one who plays this game who has bad internet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerating View Post
    Would be an unnecessary nerf to Cleric just because your internet is bad lol.
    How is it a nerf at all, really? It doesn't have to be the same 5 second cooldown. It's already instant, would it really hurt to just knock it down to 1-2 seconds? It's still an oGCD, doesn't affect any of those skills, and would still work effectively the same as long as the deactivation cooldown is less than GCD time.

Giving it the same 5 second cooldown as activation would be a nerf, yes, sure, but that seems excessive for what would actually solve the issues.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Li'a Mimerya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    It's already instant, would it really hurt to just knock it down to 1-2 seconds?
    That would still nerf the damage -> oGCD heal -> damage thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    but that seems excessive for what would actually solve the issues.
    Again, the issue is your shitty internet, not Cleric the way Cleric works.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khona Epocan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    While I understand the frustration that your internet is causing you, putting the cooldown on deactivation instead of activation basically makes using CS easy mode. The point of having the activation CD is to make healers be strategic in when/where they decide to do damage. If the CD is placed on deactivation, you never have to worry about that. Oops, I popped Cleric right before a tank buster? NBD, I can now instantly remove CS and heal/shield him.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by justaminuet View Post
    While I understand the frustration that your internet is causing you, putting the cooldown on deactivation instead of activation basically makes using CS easy mode. The point of having the activation CD is to make healers be strategic in when/where they decide to do damage. If the CD is placed on deactivation, you never have to worry about that. Oops, I popped Cleric right before a tank buster? NBD, I can now instantly remove CS and heal/shield him.
    Well I press the wrong button sometimes and have actually pressed it before a tank buster its not really about strategy in such cases. Hmm im not sure if cleric was created to make people think strategically either. It says more about your not meant to heal easily while your dpsing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyona View Post
    I press the wrong button sometimes
    I can understand the frustration, but this isn't a problem with Cleric Stance.
    If someone's pressing buttons unintentionally, the solutions are better button layouts or more practice, not a recode of the ability being activated.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Craized Marrafacka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerating View Post
    Would be an unnecessary nerf to Cleric just because your internet is bad lol.
    It's not really a nerf though. If they swapped the cd to on deactivation rather than activation, it would stop any issues like the OP has pointed out, but furthermore it would also help alleviate the oh shit moments that commonly occur using cleric stance.

Also, as someone else in the thread noted earlier. Probably never is the history of the game has someone thought, oh shit, I really need to get them deeps down again, after deactivating cleric stance. Mostly because if you deactivate cleric stance it's probably because your attention is needed on healing.
    (2)
    Last edited by craized; 03-26-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by craized View Post
    It's not really a nerf though. If they swapped the cd to on deactivation rather than activation, it would stop any issues like the OP has pointed out, but furthermore it would also help alleviate the oh shit moments that commonly occur using cleric stance.

Also, as someone else in the thread noted earlier. Probably never is the history of the game has someone thought, oh shit, I really need to get them deeps down again, after deactivating cleric stance. Mostly because if you deactivate cleric stance it's probably because your attention is needed on healing.
    well I hate cleric any and Im not afraid to admit it. Its the most awkward mechanic in the game. Hope SE does something better for healers cos if it stays the same Im not sure I even want SB
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by craized View Post
    That is the only way top Raiders play though because of how you can weave oGCD heals without losing any DPS GCD'S.

Being locked out of Clerics for a few seconds would not allow the class to flow very well in that regard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You pretty much summed it up yourself unfortunately Mr OP.

The CD on removing cleric stance isn't really a weird design decision. It's a punishment mechanic to force healers to weigh up the risk of DPSing vs whatever incoming damage is heading the groups way.

Judge Xero has the right of it as well, locking a healer out of CS would be just as jarring but obviously far less punishing. Aka it'd remove the risk factor that SE want the ability to have and just make it clunkier to use leaving a DPS heavy healer standing there with nothing to do for a couple of GCDs.

The safest way to drop CS also ties in with the neatest option for SE to fix this issue. Simply put, get into the habit of queueing cleric stance off the back of another instant, EG if you have a 3 or 4 second window for dots, cleric stance up > Combust II > Combust > Queue Cleric Stance off. That gives you a window of about a second to watch for CS dropping before you can do anything else anyway and it makes it much harder to accidentally queue and reactivate cleric stance.

And of course, the easy route for SE to fix this is simply to not allow Cleric Stance to queue with itself =(
    (3)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast