Player
    Character
    Doctor Who'
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

i have a real problem with to much gear, please tell me what to do

been playing a while now and i have many jobs unlocked and as i quest i randomly pick gear thats not my main if it isnt an upgrade. i look in my bags and i have so much stuff.

i was told or read that at 50 theres a vendor in HW content i can buy basic gear for questing and thats good enough. is there vendors i can do that for at 40 - 30? like entire sets, not just one or three pieces.

what should i do with what i have? id really like to have my main that id play with all the time and then maybe a tank set.

everything else needs to go right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    1. As your main class, look at your character tab. There is a button at the top left corner that says "Recommended Gear". Click this, and then choose to equip the gear that the game suggests for you.

2. Next Click the button right next to that one to create a gear set, and save that gear as your current gear set. Drag your gear set icon to your hotbar so you can easily switch to it later if you change jobs.

3. Repeat these steps for any alt jobs you may be playing regularly.

4. Look in your armory chest and look for the gear set icon on each piece of gear you own. If you do not see this icon on your gear, it means that none of your jobs currently needs this gear and it can safely be sold, turned into your Grand company for GC seals, desynthesized, or discarded. The only other reason you may want to hold onto gear is if you like the appearance of that gear and you may want to use it in the future for glamour purposes. In that case, you can store the gear in your retainer's inventory. There is also a furniture called the "Armoire" which can hold certain limited edition items. You can access this from an inn room, if you don't own your own housing. Check to see if any of the items you're holding can be stored there as well.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi; 03-20-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Who'
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    well the going through each alt is a nice idea but..if im level 30 and i have a piece of gear that could go on that job later like 44 is one of the problems i have. i hold onto it for the just in case i might wear it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Failia Zebonaiza
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 63
    It depends on if you consider yourself leveling that class or not. In my opinion, if you are actively leveling it and will achieve that level within a few weeks, then keep it. Anything other than that, vendor/sell it on the market board. You can always get it again if required.
    (0)

Like My Sig Picture? Visit https://www.twitch.tv/kind_coffee

[10:11]The Praetorium has ended.
    [10:11]Your level is no longer synced.
    [10:11]Vath Hunter: <click> <click>
    Look! Fresh meat.

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    My solution to this is that I keep one full set of left side gear for any role that still has classes that could be leveled through at every 10 levels (4 for 50+). accessories I really don't worry about until 30 and then not again until 50.

The other thing I would say is that at 60 you can very easily solo low level dungeons with the undersized party option and farm loot for any class you want to level up to about 45 (and really up to 50 depending on your job and skill level), so don't feel obligated to hold on to aetherial gear that you don't currently have a use for.

Or you could just focus on levelling from 15-50 in potd where gear doesn't matter at all.
    (0)
    The FATE system is not living up to it's potential.

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    If you're not using it now, just sell it on the MB. You can always buy it back later. You can essentially use the MB as an extended bank in this manner.

Unless it's untradeable dungeon gear, in which case... toss it on a retainer?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    If it's one of the nicer dungeon drops (which pre-50 generally means green gear), those are worth holding on to until you can use them. There's no guarantee that you could quickly get them again when you reach the level to want them. If you're quite a few levels away, you can let your retainer hold on to it until you near the right level to want it.

If it's just white or pink gear, that's usually easy enough to re-purchase from the MB, or to make again if you're into crafting. (Well, most of the pink gear is untradeable, but it's equivalent to HQ white which you can buy or make.) Or most NQ white can be re-purchased from vendors, too, though not necessarily everything. (For any particular item, the Lodestone's Eorzea Database can tell you if any vendors sell it, and if so, where.) For those, it might be worth going with the sell or turn-in now and repurchase later plan, unless you're getting really near the level you'll want it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Harumi Yuzuka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    This is exactly what retainers are for, so don't worry so much about it. You'll be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Most of the quest rewards are just vendor gear in the first place.

Regardless, just leave it with your retainers if it's any good (pink, green, or blue) and get rid of the rest through the market board or a vendor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    One thing I should probably note when it comes to hoarding gear: This ain't Diablo or Borderlands. Gear color doesn't mean quite as much as it does in other games. In this game, the most important thing is Item Level. While color DOES have to do with rarity, sorta, a higher item level piece (that suits your class of course) will always be better than a lower item level one, with some small exceptions when it comes to min-maxing at endgame. So, keeping your hands on a item level 44 green piece for a job you may not level for MONTHS when you can easily acquire an item level 45 crafted piece for no problem isn't such a hot idea.

(Oh, one small note on crafted gear: It should be noted that it needs to be high-quality to be on par with non-crafted items of the same item level. Small detail, just keep in mind normal quality crafted gear is essentially a few item levels lower)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast