Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Bards are always needed and i have started to see more of them lately.
    As for blm, exactly like gunk has said. The rotation is not overly complex but you have timers to deal with, and of all the other jobs blm is one of the few were you need to have planned ahead for fights
    (0)
    Last edited by Maero; 03-21-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Knahli View Post
    *sweats profusely*
    This made me laugh way more than it should have LOL.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Judy Hopps
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    I think you should try it in palace of the dead and see how you like it with the wanderer's minuet adding cast times. It really makes the job not quite as fun for me to play so I only play sometimes now after main bard for 2 years. It has traits which cast time prevents you utilizing and also moves that cast cancel so it is clunky sometimes.

I saw someone mention DPS with no positionals. If you want to run around and have no positionals then play warrior. Ninja is a runner up for that job with 2 regular skills with positional bonuses.
    (0)
    Last edited by enthauptet; 03-23-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aethys Aeon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    Experienced Brds climb the enmity-bar with their opener instantly and if you really know what you are doing, you can stay their for a fair amount of time.
    Wouldn't an "experienced" Bard be using Quelling so they don't tax the tank that much? Yknow, so THEY can do more damage, too?
    (0)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernuff View Post
    Wouldn't an "experienced" Bard be using Quelling so they don't tax the tank that much? Yknow, so THEY can do more damage, too?
    uhh sure they should - but it doesn't change the the fact, that their burst is outstanding compared to other dds. talking about enmity was just a point to proof that their dmg increased extraordinary over the last few patches ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Reason why Bard's get enmity right away is because most Bard's do not wait to attack, and do not use Quelling Strikes.
    And i see this more often then not.
    Other then that Bard is more capable then given credit. People judge how Bard is because a large portion of the Bard community are bad players, lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aethys Aeon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    uhh sure they should - but it doesn't change the the fact, that their burst is outstanding compared to other dds. talking about enmity was just a point to proof that their dmg increased extraordinary over the last few patches ^^
    No, No. I didn't mean to imply BRD didn't have burst. It's just... as a tank player, I don't like the idea of advocating DPS trying to burst as much enmity as possible. Especially aimed towards a new player.

I notice that people like to think that the enmity gauge is a poor man's DPS meter, and that isn't really the case most of the time...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunks Foy
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernuff View Post
    No, No. I didn't mean to imply BRD didn't have burst. It's just... as a tank player, I don't like the idea of advocating DPS trying to burst as much enmity as possible. Especially aimed towards a new player.

I notice that people like to think that the enmity gauge is a poor man's DPS meter, and that isn't really the case most of the time...
    As a Black Mage, my favorite thing ever is to rip hate from the tank. Especially when I'm using quelling. And it happens way more than it should. But in reality, I agree with you. I have a friend who plays Blm casually, dungeons, etc. and he doesn't use quelling because it isn't his main. Which I've said is not a very good excuse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aethys Aeon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by GunksFoy View Post
    As a Black Mage, my favorite thing ever is to rip hate from the tank. Especially when I'm using quelling. And it happens way more than it should. But in reality, I agree with you. I have a friend who plays Blm casually, dungeons, etc. and he doesn't use quelling because it isn't his main. Which I've said is not a very good excuse.
    I mean... it's amusing...... for you. and only you. mobs spin around and ruin melee. Tank should very obviously be peeved, and now the healer has to turn off netflix to keep your butt off the floor.

...actually. I don't mean to sound so heartless or anything on the matter. It is fun sometimes. It's just that rush of misguided pride sometimes. When I level up DPS, I always somehow end up tanking well up into even SV sometimes. some of my friends and FC mates have joked around how I apparently play DPS like an OT in dungeons.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gunks Foy
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that pulling is annoying if done intentionally, thus why I always use Quelling Strikes when I can, but there is something gratifying about ripping the boss off the tank during my opener despite Quelling Strikes being up the entire time.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast