Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazinhart View Post
    I see no problem with How they are. The Relic Weapon is great until The Vault, and you can Level up your char while doing your relic. I'm doing my Blm one, and I'm close to lv56 and started doing at the moment I reached lv50 (that's my fourth one). Then you can use it to jump the first step in your Anima weapon.
    And about Anima, it's a great weapon now and probably you will be able to make some good progress in SB before needing to get a better one. And they might be used to jump a step for the next Evolutive Weapon.
    Saying the strongest point about a relic is you get to skip a couple of crafted weapons is pretty sad.

I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any more relics here on out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Saying the strongest point about a relic is you get to skip a couple of crafted weapons is pretty sad.

I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any more relics here on out.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the benefit of the 135 relic was upgrading it to level 60 170, then further up to 275. Weird.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I thought the benefit was eventually getting a weapon either at the highest level or close to it, and customizing the stats to your specifications. Not hoping that the best weapon has your preferred secondary stats, guaranteeing that it does.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amalon Starfire
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    What is so bad about wanting 2 different relic quest lines that evolve with each level cap increase?

Is it that difficult to do quest lines like that? I don't have issues with the name changing or the look of the weapon. What has bothered me is scrapping them after the work that goes into them.

The ARR relic you can't use all the way up to level 60 and even then trading it in to skip one step, like come on.

They could have kept that relic line going and for the final form make it an ilvl 280, give it that extra incentive to keep going on that one. They could have done it where using one relic would have it's perks for this content while the other one was better suited for that content or something
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's just a huge waste of time for players and nobody wants to deal with switching weapons based on content, or grinding an old weapon because it's better for that kind of content - would you? Every other piece of gear in the game becomes worthless when a new expansion comes out; the fact that you can trade in the zodiac weapon to get a head start on the anima is a great nod to the people who invested the time.

The point of zodiac and anima weapons was to have a good weapon that you continued to evolve over the expansion's lifetime. If you invested time in that weapon, you didn't need to farm currency, or raid, or get a crafted piece; your relic weapon stays with you. It sucks that all your hard work got turned into glamour, but so did every other piece of gear from that time. I can't fathom many people who would want to do both grinds.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Amalon Starfire
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I've said this in another thread too, because I've already pre-ordered stormblood I'll see how it goes but if it ends up being the same old grind for gear like I've noticed this far I doubt I'll continue playing.

I like having gear that lasts for more than a few months or so with how often gear gets out dated it's rather difficult levelling other jobs/crafts without sacrificing ones you have already levelled and geared. This has been the first mmo I've ever played where I've had this problem and I've played quite a few. I end up spending so much time updating gear I haven't been able to other content I would like to have done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amalon Starfire
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    I can't fathom many people who would want to do both grinds.
    Do you even know how many people I've met on FF XI that had built multiple relic weapons and multiple mythic weapons? Too many to count and those relic lines were probably 10x harder and longer than the ones in XIV. My point here is there are people that would enjoy that kind of thing. Here's the kicker when they finally raised the level cap from 75 up to lv 99 and brought in the ilvl they made quests to bring your relic and mythic weapons up to level so yet were both still relevant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brainbasher Betty
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I grow attached to my relics I would love to continue upgrading the same weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AmalonStar View Post
    The ARR relic? Garbage now only good as a glamor.

The anima relic? Possibly out dated and garbaged like the ARR relic was after hw was released.

What I would actually like to see is new quests for both of those relic lines, bring them up and keep those custom built weapons relevant to new content coming out. Why throw away the time and everything invested into those weapons? Keeping those weapons up to par with new gear coming out only makes sense to me and also adds a sense of accomplishment that you BUILT the weapon you're using.
    I think it's a matter of opinion and what you like to accomplish. I for one love the relic lines and doing all Zodiac and Animas. Besides I hate fate grinding for crystals and doing extra relics just to avoid that. It's a good way for players to learn their job by practice and I find that Relic holders seem to understand mechanics, their jobs, and can help the flow of battle if they understand the healers job and tank job. It would be nice to have a story line were perhaps merging different relics would be involved, maybe as a God Job wep of some sort to actually make the Relic weapon the strongest weapon in the game. With new content coming out it would be a nice intensive to revisit old content. While not many agree that grinding is the best way to spend your time, it is more for a form of satisfaction that only hardcore gamer can really understand. I'll take relic any day over running around in a group doing fates. You can clear more achievements that ways as well.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 03-14-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Character limit

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    I can't fathom many people who would want to do both grinds.
    There are people whoa re dedicated and have experience with relics in the past. If you ever played FFXI you would understand that there are people who are really dedicated. I for one have most relics and myth weapons and believe me compare to FFXIV they are 100x harder even after FFXI was nerfed. While you may think its a glamor there is more to it. I can't understand why people like to grind fates? My personal experience with players that have relics tend to understand their job better than people who grind fates or do raids. A relic user actually comprehends more their job and the flow of battle. I'm sorry that you see it as a hard work gone to waste, yet you have to look beyond that. Sure you get to skip the grinding fate part by having a Zodiac. thank God, the experience is what makes a difference between person who fate grinds and a person that is more resourceful.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 03-14-2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: limit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast