Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Arcanist (along with both of the jobs it can turn into) is perhaps the worst in terms of number of keybinds, simply because you're controlling both your own character's actions, and your pet's. A switch to anything else would at least remove the pet management part.
    It's really only like 3 extra binds, tbh. Pet uses primary attack skill regardless, and set to Obey, there's only a few skills you'll need to manage yourself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    It's really only like 3 extra binds, tbh. Pet uses primary attack skill regardless, and set to Obey, there's only a few skills you'll need to manage yourself.
    Obey is itself a keybind, as are Sic, Steady, Heel, Stay, and Place. Some of those you won't use as often as others, but you'll want them all available. That's already past your 3, and hasn't even gotten to specific pet skills yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Granted, but they're not really ones that, personally, I'd expect to be using in the middle of combat. Admittedly I'm not involved in anything intensely end-game, some of it might have their uses that players would need to juggle. But in the context of a new player just looking for a simple class to get by with, controlling just the three skills is more than enough, if they have pets on Obey at all. Sic may not be ideal, but it won't keep players from progressing. We're not exactly looking at an end-game perfect rotation or anything here, OP sounds pretty casual. Not necessary to consider everything in a job's arsenal, just enough to be somewhat competent.

At least that's how I approached the thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Granted, but they're not really ones that, personally, I'd expect to be using in the middle of combat.
    Some of them I don't either, but Sic or Obey are the commands that tell your pet which mob to attack, so even from the earliest leveling content I'd use those pretty frequently in combat, every time I want my pet to move to another target. That comes up as fast as mobs die or other adds show up. I'm not particularly well versed in Arcanist or Summoner, so I rarely get in-depth enough to be specifying the pet's specific actions, but at least specifying its target is sort of the first minimal level of pet control.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    BLMs can get away with about 12-13 keybinds if they really want to, even at level 60. Granted, that means leaving out the stuff that'll really optimize your DPS (Manaward/Manawall, Aetherial Manipulation, etc), but you'll be a fully rotationally functional BLM. It's probably the job with the lowest skill floor, but has heaps of room for little things to optimize if one chooses to do so.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rinari Swiftwind
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    You don't have to have a keybind memorized for every ability. Just knowing 10 should cover most of the abilities you use constantly. The rest of the abilities are on cooldowns, and those can be handled just clicking a button with the mouse. It's not ideal, but unless you're involved in super competitive PVP or DPS racing, it won't be noticeable. If you're that dedicated, then you're probably not going to bat an eye at learning 20 keybinds anyway.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2