Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Duty Roulette and kicking players (WARNING:WALL OF TEXT)

I can already tell people are going to disagree but I'm putting my opinion on the loot table anyway; first duty roulette as of right now reward tanks more and I play mostly DRK which is a tank role, a little easy gil. unfortunately preformed parties who are speed runners who don't have tank can cause issue because they are trying to max out damage making it difficult for me to keep MP because I want to use my combos and I like to take my time and make sure that group of mobs that I'm fighting are dead before moving onto the next one; meaning that speed runners will eventually pull everything which basically means the tank will get kicked because they are not going at everyone else's pace which abuses the kick party function. 3 players I got qued up for duty roulette were from Excalibur since I looked into contacts list to blacklist them (this was from expert roulette) and they were all neatly right arranged in the contact list while everyone else as of today were from separate worlds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Duty Roulette and kicking players cont.

I am on Diablosis because friends from another game which shall not be named for safety reasons,and I picked tank as my main role so that que times aren't as long and DRK my main job for personal reasons. But if preformed speed run parties are going to abuse duty roulette with no tank and the kick feature then the kick feature needs some restrictions because speed runners do ruin the fun of games which are not supposed to be taken seriously and abusing certain functions in the game to get what you want also hurts the community as well as it turning into cyber-bullying... So to all speed runners out there as well as those wanting to pick up tank role, remember; tanks set the pace of the entire group, if someone wants the tank who has no idea how to speed run in the first place to pull more mobs, then problems will continue to arise and people will keep leaving because of toxic players...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    For safety reasons and personal reasons I can't comment.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The solution to your problems here is just to pick up more mobs.
    There's little reason not to when the group wants you to.
    (4)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    The solution to your problems here is just to pick up more mobs.
    There's little reason not to when the group wants you to.
    It's not a valid reason to kick someone from a group.

I like big pulls and fast dungeons too, but I like not wiping even more. If a tank isn't comfortable with big pulls then oh well.
    (3)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Stop calling them "speedrunners" first off. They're people who want to do the dungeons efficiently. Why don't you?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Damien Belmont
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Stop calling them "speedrunners" first off. They're people who want to do the dungeons efficiently. Why don't you?
    Fair point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Your definition of "efficiently" and my definition of "efficiently" are 2 VERY different terms
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    It's not a valid reason to kick someone from a group.

I like big pulls and fast dungeons too, but I like not wiping even more. If a tank isn't comfortable with big pulls then oh well.
    Actually it is a valid reason to kick someone because the style of playing doesn't fit. Thats enough for SE to see it as valid reason, may sound wrong but it is how it is.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    That's a misinterpretation of the policy, although it's effectively the outcome of it in practice. Square's policy isn't that kicking someone is okay if their playstyle differs from yours. Their policy is that they only get involved if it breaks one of the items specifically outlined in the terms. E.g. harrassment, vulgarity, exploits, etc. If someone is kicked just because the others didn't want to play the same way and there were no other circumstances then it's not worth their time and effort to police. I.e. the phrase "neutrality is still taking a side" apllies here.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast