Player
    Character
    Gunnar Wolfram
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70

A Idea for Higher Quantity Synths

Going through the "I made this" achievements for all my crafting classes really makes me with we had the ability to craft more than QTY 1 of things like nuggets, threads, ingots, etc.... and it got me thinking of ideas that wouldn't trivialize the process(maybe already thought of)

My suggestion would be that you simply multiply everything about the craft. So if a craft takes 98 progress and 400 quality, crafting 10 of that item would require 980 progress and 4000 quality to complete/HQ the craft.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "simply multiply everything about the craft"... Are you referring to new items should be 10x harder? Or do you mean an achievement should be counting how much progress and how much quality we have done in our entire career? Sorry, I'm quite lost.
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "simply multiply everything about the craft"... Are you referring to new items should be 10x harder? Or do you mean an achievement should be counting how much progress and how much quality we have done in our entire career? Sorry, I'm quite lost.
    His suggestion takes the progress/quality/materials from one craft, and multiplies it based on how many of the item he wants crafted.

Using Spruce Lumber as an example, it requires 97 progress and 2646 quality to HQ. Multiplied by 10, that'd be 970 progress and 26460 quality. If he were to finish a synthesis with the second pair of numbers, he'd get a batch of 10 HQ Spruce Lumber.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krystalan Deathgiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I sort of miss the 1.0 thing where mh tool was used if you wanted to try and hq, and oh was used if you wanted to make multiples of an item.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    His suggestion takes the progress/quality/materials from one craft, and multiplies it based on how many of the item he wants crafted.

Using Spruce Lumber as an example, it requires 97 progress and 2646 quality to HQ. Multiplied by 10, that'd be 970 progress and 26460 quality. If he were to finish a synthesis with the second pair of numbers, he'd get a batch of 10 HQ Spruce Lumber.
    oh ic... but what will happen to durability then? 10x durab as well? But if the item is like 8000 quality, then 10x will be 80,000 quality... we can't possibly push that much quality with the limited CP we have, even if extra durab is given to us.
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Not really needed, not with the (laughably named) Quick Synthesis.

What you should be pushing for, TC, is for Quick Synthesis to be useable on all recipes, or at least all recipes that make something used in another recipe.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Wolfram
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quick synthesis has a failure rate despite the fact you can't fail the synth. Couple that with the slow rate is why I was even thinking about this issue.

Make the quality increase to a ridiculous value is meant to balance out the benefit of being able to make more then one.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Minerva Nakts
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    I think you have to be very careful when it comes to increasing the yield on a craft as it's probably set that way for balance reasons. If you think about it, when it comes to quickly producing crafted materials, it's the material sellers that really benefit and are the ones that are probably clamoring for it the most. It isn't simply a matter of convenience anymore but rather a question of how much product that they can produce per unit time. The motive here would be an increase in sales due to greater availability of their product.

I've completed and sold thousands of 3* and 4* end game crafts in ARR and HW and I know for sure that the quick synth speed ultimately isn't what bogs down those crafts. It's the time it takes to NQ the crafted materials that you can't quick synth. While slow, the quick synth speed is acceptable because you aren't crafting stacks of 99 materials (the ones that you can quick synth) at a time. Nearly half of your time is spent NQing crafted 3* or 4* materials and most of the remaining half is spent HQing the final product. I'd have a field day if those 3* and 4* crafted materials could be produced as quickly as a quick synthed material.

For things like achievements, it's a one time exercise anyways and you can probably sell the crafted goods too. I don't think it would be worthwhile to break the balance over that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Craized Marrafacka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Indeed. Speed up synth process and all you will achieve is to lower the final profit.

You will raise the price of the materials (because the demand for those will go up due to increased quantities) and lower the price on the final product (because there will be more of those on the MB - more competition)

The only people who would benefit would be the gatherers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minerva Nakts
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by craized View Post
    Indeed. Speed up synth process and all you will achieve is to lower the final profit.

You will raise the price of the materials (because the demand for those will go up due to increased quantities) and lower the price on the final product (because there will be more of those on the MB - more competition)

The only people who would benefit would be the gatherers.
    That's what I would expect in the long run on smaller servers at least. It's going to differ depending on your economy, but it happened when the yield on food increased by 3x. Initially, crafters could sell for much higher profits than before. But eventually, the price of the gathered materials became incredibly high (ie. double or even tripling of prices; duskbornes actually shot up 10x but there could have been other factors there).
    (0)
    Last edited by MN_14; 03-11-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast