Player
    Character
    Killer Mc'beast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60

Trend: Kicked for PvPing in PvP

As of late, I have noticed this new Garo trend of openly discouraging PvP to prioritize hitting Ice. That's all well and good for those who do not wish to PvP or are playing strategically to avoid feeding a premade, etc...but lately it's been taking a drastic turn from openly discouraging PvP to actually removing those who ARE pvping.

For example, this has happened to me 4x thus far in 24m FL. I queue solo about 80% and Ill be with my group around the ice, gaining battle fever while they score points hitting Ice. Im not feeding or going off on my own, I'm just simply stopping the opposing team from scoring on Ice. Ill see a "oh he's a feeder, not doing objective, etc" and then Im kicked...with Battle Fever.

I understand that Garo temporarily revitalized PvP queues, but at what cost? Shatter only compounds the issue by making PvP totally irrelevant a majority of the time.

Am I the only person experiencing this?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cerise Leclaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I mean, the goal of Shatter is to kill the ice, and to do enough PVP to prevent the other team from killing it.

If you're not killing the ice because you're too busy fighting the enemy team in the middle, you're going to lose. Focus on the objective. If you want to PVP teamfight more, queue for Seal Rock.

Also, I kind of doubt your story.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Cool- Boy
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Statistically, a random player who hits ice contributes much more to victory than a player who kills. 1 kill is 5 points, and you gain around 1 point per second by hitting ice. Not your fault, it's just the way SE makes their PvP, by making PvE elements more important. Join our PvP discord and do matches with premade parties, we usually always ignore ice and win most of the times still.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rufie Spirit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I think it's a good strategy for some people to do non-ice objectives. The other team will get less ice points if they have to worry about the threat of losing their base and their people getting killed at spawn.

If kicks happen often for play style differences, I think that's more a problem with the players on that datacenter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Killer Mc'beast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    I mean, the goal of Shatter is to kill the ice, and to do enough PVP to prevent the other team from killing it.

If you're not killing the ice because you're too busy fighting the enemy team in the middle, you're going to lose. Focus on the objective. If you want to PVP teamfight more, queue for Seal Rock.

Also, I kind of doubt your story.
    1. What makes you doubt my story?
    2. The goal of Shatter is not to attack Ice. The goal is to collect data. Hitting ice is one method to collect data. There are three methods currently to gain data to win. I've won entire matches were my team did not touch Ice at all.
    3. Queue for Seal Rock?Now I know you're just trolling.
    (7)
    Last edited by Chevronone; 03-09-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Khonor Murph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Ok, I have to admit i'm sick of seeing this. If you play Shatter with me you'll actually be PvP'ing. Even as a WAR that can do dmg, I can do far more "damage" to the other team by keeping them from hitting the ice. If you see a blm or mch with high/fever on the other team, do you think a tank is going to do more dmg than them, or would I be better off distracting the other teams main dps to keep them from dmging the ice/crystals etc.

It's about more than just kills. Although i'm not going to give away too much of my strategies in Shatter, if you control mid and farm kills you can win. It's the same as Seal Rock and overcoming the RNG everyone complains about.

If you don't know, come PvP with me
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevronone View Post
    1. What makes you doubt my story?
    That it wasn't a mentor?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Never seen anyone booted from Shatter for PVPing, only seen people booted for afking pretending to "guard" base. Even those small bands of YOLOers that do nothing but chase dual ASTs all the way back to their base and die horribly don't get kicked, at worst yelled at in alliance chat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vincent Valamore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Well im running around doing PvP with my warrior all the time. I dont get kicked or questioned.... atleast until now.
    (0)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Lollie Ondoreil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Got kicked end of match for guarding a small ice that was almost dead killed like 5 people going after it one at a time off on my own, would have won the game for the other team had I finished it off. Buying time for my team who were alone at a big ice uncontested, that would have won it for them if they broke it before any other ice broke. Another match got my rear end kicked up and down the map but stayed with the group got last place and 3 coms. Logic does not apply to mob content strategy.

ps: I'm one of those garo pvpers you seem to not like, at least you know I will not continue participating after I've collected all the shineys I wanted.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lollie; 03-10-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast