Player
    Character
    Popcorn Salty
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 30

Red mage requirements

Does anyone know if you can play Red Mage straight away once you have Stormblood? Or do you first need to have a character that's level 50+ ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    From the actual starting lvl of 50 for RDM i think you will need an other Job at 50 before.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    For Dark Knight, Machinist and Astrologian, which started at level 30, you had to have a level 50 job to be able to unlock them. But that was perhaps because you had to have the ARR story completed, and the last story quests were level 50. So you may not have to be level 60 and have completed the Heavensward story to unlock Samurai or Red Mage this time around. In fact, in Frankfurt Fanfest Yoshi P said something about not requiring Expansion area access to unlock these jobs. No mention of required level that I know of, though.

I think it's safe to assume you'll have to be at least level 50 if not 60 to unlock them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    IIRC you can unlock them as soon as you have a class at 50+ and Stormblood installed. Furthermore, unlike the HW classes, SAM and RDM will be unlockable in ARR areas, so you can supposedly hit HW content with them already, if your character hasn't reached that far in the story yet.
    On one hand, I really like this. As someone who wants AST for some of my charas for story reasons, it's a pain in the neck to wait until HW to just unlock it, and then have to power level it. On the other hand, There's power in tying a class or a job to a place, and I'm personally fond of both DRK and MCH's story ties to Ishgard.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Requirements : 1 Discipline of War or Magic level 50
    Must have finished the MSQ Dungeon Cape Westwind, Praetorium & Castro to be able to pick up the new jobs.

Starting level of the new jobs are level 50, and you probably will have to run with these through the HW content, since it's included with stormblood.

My recommendation, if you have the HW expansion, level your character to 60 or at least try unlocking as much of the level 51-60 dungeons possible, since you most likely will need these to level or rush level the new Jobs. Doing it at a later rate, might you to burn out very quickly, since HW MSQ as well as probably Stormblood MSQ will be extremely long.

Keep in mind as HW came out, nothing were buffed, meaning you needed to do every single side quest, hunting logs, dungeons and still needed to grind fates to even get up to parse with your msq/leveling. I am pretty sure that will be the same with storm blood at the beginning and you do not want to sit there unlocking every single level 60 content and than do the expansion right after. But that's just my 2 cents
    (2)
    Last edited by LunaFaye; 03-07-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Varenyia Nevermore
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Requirment

You'll need to be 50+ and have finished the main story up to heavenward.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SarenyiaSarenyia View Post
    You'll need to be 50+ and have finished the main story up to heavenward.
    Not up to Heavensward. You'll have to have completed the original ARR main story, though.

The requirement to complete up through Heavensward is for gaining access to the Stormblood storyline and areas, not for gaining access to RDM or SAM. In fact, that's presumably the reason why RDM and SAM will be unlocked in ARR regions rather than the new regions: so that we can unlock them on-level, before gaining access to those new regions. (Needing to reach Ishgard before unlocking HW's jobs was the most widespread complaint about that expansion, so SE doesn't want a repeat of that problem.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaja White
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaFaye View Post
    Requirements : 1 Discipline of War or Magic level 50
    Must have finished the MSQ Dungeon Cape Westwind, Praetorium & Castro to be able to pick up the new jobs.

Starting level of the new jobs are level 50, and you probably will have to run with these through the HW content, since it's included with stormblood.
    This. All this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dragnelus Nunh
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    He also confirmed that neither Red Mage nor Samurai will have any story progression requirements whatsoever to unlock; so long as you have a level 50 job and you own the expansion, you’ll be able to unlock the jobs even if you still haven’t finished the 2.0 storyline.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/11/pa...uture-patches/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gumbercules Thesecond
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    lvl 50 and praetorium done.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast