Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    We are very possibly headed towards a double AST meta. Double AST already is the ideal composition for parser runs.

"Balanced"
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by CreinCrein View Post
    AST does by no means having healing capabilities anywhere close to WHM. The main reason they are driven out of the meta currently is primarily due to the fact that the current raid tier requires healing checks so low that can be met by solely regens, eos and sch OGCDs alone. A8S and A3S were perfect examples of WHM viability.
    Another "but Cure III" fallacy.

You didn't need Cure III in A6S nor A8S. Helios was just fine.

Considering World 3rd Midas was AST/SCH, you have more mitigation in A8S for J-Kicks that White Mage doesn't have, also freeing up tank LBs, putting more DPS available for J-Wave. People didn't buy into the job en-masse like now because of a certain balance card. But the Diurnal healing kit hasn't changed at-all since then except for the Benefic 2 proc and CO timer. It's okay, AST/SCH was arguably the best option in Midas.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You see, the problem with SE' way of thinking is, they're not looking at healers for the amount of damage or support they can do. They look at how well they can heal.

This was made obvious back before 3.0 raids, where Yoshi told us how everything was Balanced to not require healer DPS at all.

If you look at healing alone, WHM is indeed viable. As long as it can fulfill it's role of keeping people alive, it's good enough to SE. It's a really faulty way to look at balance if you ask me.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crein Crein
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Disable could only last over 2 waves at most, collective unconscious could not be held for more than one wave on the later waves. Cure 3 was usable for every single wave until the kill. Coupled with asylum, stronger base regen potency, 30% divine seal assize and presence of mind, whm had the better kit to deal with the onslaught of damage. The primary reason why they were better in fights such as 8 was not because of the need for mitigation but because of the frequency of the damage which often outlasted and outnumbered mitigation. Well we're at it, if you're talking about AST in the context of patch 3.3 and the top 99th of players, the top A8S speedkill was sch/whm at 9:30.

Personally myself, running with a whm co-healer for both Midas and Creator downs, preferred healing with a WHM over an AST within progression contexts. Now it doesn't really matter though. Damage is a joke. We just run AST/SCH and get carried by eos because that's the meta right now.
    (3)
    Last edited by CreinCrein; 03-07-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Pretty much this, one of the teams in the FC I raid with recently did an A10s speed kill where Whispering Dawn was 30% of the healing done by itself and both healers were 99 percentile DPS in the process. I died a little inside =(

Personally I mixed and matched for Midas, I preferred AST for A5-A6S and WHM for A7-8S. I sure did miss that Cure III comfort blanket on Vortexer tho <3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    What really made Astro Disable shine in Midas is the fact that Virus didn't work for all the darkness damage the tier had. But you'd have it for just about everything you needed it for. Even save a wrecked A7S run with multiple boss stacks. Movement healing in Midas especially in A7S was perfect for Astro.

A6S was kind of a wash between WHM or AST, slight favor on WHM. But here again you had Disable for Brawler balls and Swindler Double Bio too. Vortexer water was a good CU spot and/or Lightspeed Helios while you were moving, and to heal the ice target(s) too. There wasn't a disadvantage for Astro here, just you had to do things differently.

CU was used for A8S J-Kicks and notably you really needed to use it before the J-wave, in-addition to Succor (or Deployment) and Soil. That completely prevents any tank LB use even at average i230 ilvl, and then just melee LB3 BJ when it comes up. Helios was more than enough as the early waves even Cure III is a bit overkill. You'd have Synastry up for the phase because you didn't need it for Fire breath/Final Punches. Bole is good too but honestly that was a needle and a hay stack situation or to cover the water DPS weakness.

Anyway, the 270 gear carry in this Creator tier is large too. Of course in a speed run situation the SCH is going to be picking up more of the healing due to WD cooldowns, and Indom. It's wasteful to be spending GCDs to heal when all we have to do is pop out-and-in cleric for it while the Astro can just keep DPS up and spot-heal tank buster Holmgang and Living Dead immunities.
    (0)
    Last edited by technole; 03-07-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crein Crein
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Deploy/soil/succor was all you needed for J-kicks, that's why world first and second weren't locked behind any lacking of mitigation, and why people continued to run whm after. Also you never needed to tank LB any J-kicks, most groups tank LB'd the second intermission. For that fight consistent nuke heals > CD'd mitigation.
    (0)
    Last edited by CreinCrein; 03-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Koda Ko
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Yet another WHM crying thread ?

Healers are balanced now, all the pairs can be used to do Savage content, things that were not possible a few months ago.
    It litterally around 18months to balance AST make it worth it.

As i already said months ago, WHM is still as good as it was, it's the same for PLD that people tend to push out.
    Those two jobs are doing their job correctly and perfectly fine.

Plus we've always seen jobs more powerfull than others as patches goes on.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Docteur Fluttershy
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    i don't really get how, in the same message, you can say "healers are balanced now" and that there is "jobs more powerfull than others".
    You contradict yourself there...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    Yet another WHM crying thread ?

Healers are balanced now, all the pairs can be used to do Savage content, things that were not possible a few months ago.
    It litterally around 18months to balance AST make it worth it.

As i already said months ago, WHM is still as good as it was, it's the same for PLD that people tend to push out.
    Those two jobs are doing their job correctly and perfectly fine.

Plus we've always seen jobs more powerfull than others as patches goes on.
    I tried to take this post seriously. Then I saw your sig.
    (10)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast