Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Seal Rock...

  1. #21
    Player
    loreleidiangelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    1,434
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    8v8v8 is unpleasant in PVP fullstop is you're in with random people. I used to like the 16v16v16 games but I think they removed that mode, sadly. The maps really need to automatically resize depending on the player numbers (24/48/72) as it's like herding cats in oversized areas
    Slaughter 24s were actually better than the 72s sometimes, IMO. I think that was because the map was actually super concentrated (all nodes spawned on the top part and there were no big nodes, meaning you had to jockey for position more), melee were more effective than BLM-stacking there, and healers were target numero uno a lot of the time so I always had to watch out for dogpile into melee LB. In Shatter ice still spawns all over the place so it's hugely annoying and just means you spend a lot of time running around PVEing things instead of killing people.

    I like objective-based modes, but Shatter could do with the only ice spawns being the ones in mid for 24-man.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player
    bounddreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,517
    Character
    Talya Andor
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    It's been weeks. I got a couple when queueing for Frontlines roulettes during prime time on a Friday.
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player
    Culfinrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,167
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by loreleidiangelo View Post
    Slaughter 24s were actually better than the 72s sometimes, IMO. I think that was because the map was actually super concentrated (all nodes spawned on the top part and there were no big nodes, meaning you had to jockey for position more), melee were more effective than BLM-stacking there, and healers were target numero uno a lot of the time so I always had to watch out for dogpile into melee LB. In Shatter ice still spawns all over the place so it's hugely annoying and just means you spend a lot of time running around PVEing things instead of killing people.

    I like objective-based modes, but Shatter could do with the only ice spawns being the ones in mid for 24-man.
    That's true, Slaughter was the exception to the rule though because, as you say, the action all took place on the top of the bluff. I really enjoyed it too, especially knocking people off. XD
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player
    Ransu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ul-dah
    Posts
    231
    Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Why exactly is the reason no one queues for seal rock? I just checked and the wait time avg for me was 45 minutes. Fields of glory was 3 minutes.
    (0)

  5. #25
    Player
    Zojha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,885
    Character
    V'zoya Jinx
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Why exactly is the reason no one queues for seal rock?
    A variety of reasons.
    - Some people don't like the map or prefer shatter
    - Some people already have the rewards but not the shatter rewards
    - Some people don't care about the map and only want fast queues
    - Some people are misinformed and think only shatter gives lights/tomes
    Point 3 in particular leads to a positive feedback loop: People expect the fastest queue in shatter, so people queue for shatter and speed up queues (self-fulfilling prophecy), which indeed makes it the fastest queue and thus makes more people queue for it, which in turn speeds up queues and makes more people queue for it, which in turn...(feedback loop)
    (0)

  6. #26
    Community Rep Luxpheras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    82
    Greetings!

    Thank you for your feedback on the status of Seal Rock and Frontline. We understand your interest in this mode, and would like to share a comment Yoshida made during a previous interview. Yoshida mentioned the team has been discussing the future of Frontline and believe that adding a new map for Seal Rock may become one of their priorities.

    Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas for future PvP content, and we'll be sure to pass it along to the dev. team.
    (9)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

  7. #27
    Player
    Korihu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    265
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxpheras View Post
    Greetings!

    Thank you for your feedback on the status of Seal Rock and Frontline. We understand your interest in this mode, and would like to share a comment Yoshida made during a previous interview. Yoshida mentioned the team has been discussing the future of Frontline and believe that adding a new map for Seal Rock may become one of their priorities.

    Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas for future PvP content, and we'll be sure to pass it along to the dev. team.
    Don't add a new map just bump Seal Rock and other modes to level cap so they have more activity.
    (22)

  8. #28
    Player
    ThirdChild_ZKI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,224
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    As a minor clarification: Seal Rock is the map. SEIZE is the game mode. And as Korihu said, simply raise the level caps of Secure, Slaughter, Seize, and Shatter to be equal and still relevant even when Stormblood releases. This may ensure they remain active, and rewards from them remain obtainable via the original requirements.
    (10)

  9. #29
    Player
    Korihu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    265
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    As a minor clarification: Seal Rock is the map. SEIZE is the game mode. And as Korihu said, simply raise the level caps of Secure, Slaughter, Seize, and Shatter to be equal and still relevant even when Stormblood releases. This may ensure they remain active, and rewards from them remain obtainable via the original requirements.
    Yes when I said Seal Rock I was referring to the game mode, I'm just used to calling it Seal Rock because that's what everyone does.
    (0)

  10. #30
    Player
    Beckett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    765
    Character
    Bekashi Arakawa
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Korihu View Post
    Don't add a new map just bump Seal Rock and other modes to level cap so they have more activity.
    This! I am dreading when Stormblood makes the current PVP irrelevant again. It's (at least more) acceptable not to adjust old PvE content, but there are only 4 Frontline modes total, and half of them are irrelevant.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread