Player
    Character
    Neon Sears
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Help with stalker

I have contacted a GM in-game and the GM did absolutely nothing about the issue.

I contacted a GM a couple hours ago about a user. He is impersonating my character, following me around Limsa Lominsa, and wont quit stalking me. His search info says, "I was told Neon Sears looks like me :l he can suck a dick." This is clearly indicating that he is out to harass me. It has been 3 hours, I am very uncomfortable about the situation, I do not like being impersonated and stalked like this. If something is not done about this soon, I will contact support through the website and get the help I deserve. I have already asked him multiple times to stop. He refuses to stop. This is a dire situation that is making me not want to play this game anymore.

I have screenshots of this guy following me around. Also, I do not believe in the "just completely avoid this one specific area to avoid the conflict" is an argument. A lot of my friends hang around limsa, so I should not have to restrict myself from areas I should be able to go to without being harassed or stalked by this player.

As I said, I have screenshots if a GM needs proof.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neon231; 03-06-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    **REMOVE THE PLAYER NAME**

If you don't remove it they will ban you from the forums & you'll never get help.

I suggest making an in game harassment report explaining that you're feeling harassed & uncomfortable. Go into as much detail as possible, they get thousands of reports every day & those who have little effort put into them get little attention as a result. Let them know exactly what has been said, including the comment they're using in their profile. Don't just say "they look like me, boo hoo", but explain you're being stalked to the point of it breaking laws in your country (if appropriate).

Action is never taken immediately because they like to gather evidence. They also try to make it less obvious who complained by having the 'warning time' appear random.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neon Sears
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I have tried to report twice now, and it looks like I'm about to do it a third time because he has not been dealt with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Hm this is odd...I know a Neon Sears on Sargatanas and I have him on fb...he made his character after himself I do believe. Which one is the real Neon o.O
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neon Sears
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I am that Neon Sears lol, I transferred back to Leviathan about 2 months ago
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Oh lol and someone is doin this to you? That's weird...hmm someone did this to me before I just ignored them and the people who know me could easily tell the difference.

I know GM cant do anything about a characters looks and your name is unique to you. You could report them for offensive language. That got my stalker banned real quick. Leave out the stalking part and just say they keep using inappropriate language, when they do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neon Sears
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Oh hi Calla and I am trying to take extreme measures. He doesn't speak anymore cause he knows I'm not afraid to report, he just follows my character around any chance he gets. He literally waits in limsa lominsa for me to show up and proceed to follow me and stalk me. Even after I've asked him to stop. GMs wont do anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    If he's stopped talking, why not allow him to continue? Imitation is the highest firm of flattery!
    Also chances are if you're MP longer annoyed by it, he'll give up in time. I'm sure he will have better things to do at some point.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Neon Sears
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I'm very stubborn so its hard for me to do that now... lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I would definitely report for the foul language in his search info. That would have to get a response if nothing else. Also in the past I have seen gms respond to threads like this so I know they take stalking seriously. It probably just doesn't get picked up on as well in the in-game report function.
    (1)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast