Player
    Character
    Rune Aeon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

FFXIV crashing my computer

Okay so I'm going to go into as much detail as I can about this.

This has been an issue arising for quite sometime now and I'm at my wits end. I've reinstalled the game, updated all my drivers, ran a thousand checks from virus scanners to system scanners. Nothing comes up as an issue.

However I -am- having an issue and that issue is while I'm playing the game randomly and with no explanation at all the game will start breaking my windows.

So first signs of this is the sound will cut out. Not all sounds...but like music and stuff. I can still move around the game and open up menus and chat. Then the menus will not pop up. When this begins to happen I also -can not tab out of the game- and all functions of my computer begin freezing in the background. CTRL + ALT + DEL for instance does not pop up.

Then eventually the game window freezes, all functions of the game halt, and it's at this point my entire system is locked up. A force restart/shut down manually is required. Sometimes if I can manual reset fast enough FFXIV will close down and if I cancel the reboot all normal functions return. If I let it sit for a while more often then not it remains frozen or proceeds to blue screen me before resetting.

So yeah I have no idea why this is happening and this is the -only- game that it has ever happened too. I have tested this with 10 different mmos, several FPS games, and nothing ever seems to happen. This is specifically some kind of problem with Final Fantasy XIV.

Is there anything that can be done about this? The game runs perfectly outside of this issue and usually after rebooting/shutting down the game runs fine until it happens again. I'm just...really lost on what to do. I love this game but this is really driving me up the wall now. Please if anyone has any help or advice I would love to hear it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleddra Sunbeam
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Right away i'll have to tell you blue screens are normally linked to hardware issues. It could be something simple like memory creeping out of the socket because of the heat or a dying GPU.

This would be where you ask the techie friend or sibling to check out your machine. Maybe run "sfc /scannow" in an administrator command prompt (win10 you rclick start). "Chkdsk /f /x" too possibly. That one slacks on the progress indicator for a while but it's still working though.
    (0)
    When life gives you lemons, cry yourself to sleep, and tell all your friends.

Player
    Character
    Rune Aeon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Thanks for posting! I'll try those things and see what comes up but would this normally happen due to a single game? In this case FFXIV? As that's the only time I ever have this problem come up.

So running both those scans didn't turn up anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rune_Aeon; 03-09-2017 at 06:53 AM.