Thread: Crafting help

Player

Crafting help

I am trying to upgrade my crafters to the carbonweave set so i can get the stats to make the ironworks gear, but i can't seem to craft even the mats required for the carbonweave set HQ when I have more than enough stats.

I made a reddit post about my issue as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...crafting_help/

any help would be appreciated
    (0)
    Last edited by BigRed5392; 03-04-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That is strange. Would you like to give us more information about your 3 stats (craft, control, CP), which crafted mat you're aiming to make, and also the rotation you used? Perhaps we can help you further refine it.
    By the way, you reddit post appears to be empty.
    (0)

Player

This is what i typed on reddit: I am trying to upgrade my crafters to the carbonweave set and I am having trouble HQing even the base mats for the set. Here is the build I have with the food i am using: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/Z9XS I tried using the Rath's rotation for crafting the 70 durability stuff and it didnt work. I have enough cp to do the rotation, I just barely got any progress into HQing the items. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated

my craftsmanship is 785, control is 753 and cp is 382 without food.
    I was trying to craft the 70 durability sewing thread needed for the carbonweave set
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Z'nnah Silverbane
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Did you have a lot of Hasty Touch fails? That's the only reason I can think of for not making progress towards HQ.
    How many stacks of Inner Quiet did you have when you did your Byregot's Blessing? Do you remember?

Usually, you'll only get to 19% or so of HQ before doing your Byregot's Blessing. But if you have 10 or 11 stacks of Inner Quiet, the Great-Strides-buffed BB will get you to 100%.

High-end crafting is all about getting Inner Quiet stacks and then doing a buffed Byregot's Blessing.
    (0)

Player

thanks for the help I was just weirded out that the quality wasnt going up when hasty touch did succeed. I don't remember how often it failed or how many stacks I had of inner quiet when I used byregot's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    if you can spare the progress - try getting back CP with Tricks of the Trade during Flawless Synthesis phase if you get a Good. Then if you can also afford the CP - if you have a Good or Excellent when doing Hasty Touches - replace it with a Precise Touch. If you can also really afford it at the end - use Innovation before Great Strides/Byregots Blessing. and if you really are wanting to court fate and replaced a few Flawless Syntheses with Tricks of the Trade and have the CP - you could go Ingenuity II/Innovation/Great Strides/Byregot's Blessing at the end. Though you'd run out of Steady Hand II when you get to BB, so pray to the Twelve that it succeeds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Ok, so here are my attempts to use your stats to craft the item on a simulator using Rath's rotation:

I have chosen to eat an HQ Baked Onion Soup, so it adds 48 CP and 28 craft. I have used 3x CZ here (which adds 42 CP in total). I took two trick of trades along the way (another 40 extra CP), and I managed to squeeze out 11 touches. If we assume 2 failed Hasties, we will have IQ10. And yet you can still see that I am 6 CP shy at the end to use the Byregot (and then 1 more CS II would finish the item). Obviously, your 382 base CP is just a tad bit lower than what you need to use this rotation.

In order to squeeze out more CP, we can either overmeld a bit more Cunning Materia, or we can count on taking an extra Trick of Trade (which entirely depends on luck), or we can somehow modify our rotation to squeeze that that CP. We can change two of the SH II into SH, which will give us the necessary 6 CP. But instead, I have chosen to abandon the 1st SH that wraps the PBPs, which buys us an extra 22 CP:

As you can now see, the rotation is pretty much the same. But we now have 22 extra CP, which makes up the missing 6 CP to use the Byregot. However, there's still 16 CP left, and it's a real pity. Because 2 more CP, and we'd have been able to fit in an Innovation, which will wrap a Hasty Touch as well as the Great Strides + Byregot. If I were you, I would totally meld more CP onto the gear, just so that I could use this rotation, because that extra power coming from the Innovation is totally worth it. (and then 3x CS II would finish the item)

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed5392 View Post
    I have enough cp to do the rotation, I just barely got any progress into HQing the items. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated
    To be frank, I think you barely have enough CP to utilize Rath's rotation... as you can see from the above.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed5392 View Post
    thanks for the help I was just weirded out that the quality wasnt going up when hasty touch did succeed. I don't remember how often it failed or how many stacks I had of inner quiet when I used byregot's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbane View Post
    Usually, you'll only get to 19% or so of HQ before doing your Byregot's Blessing. But if you have 10 or 11 stacks of Inner Quiet, the Great-Strides-buffed BB will get you to 100%.

High-end crafting is all about getting Inner Quiet stacks and then doing a buffed Byregot's Blessing.
    Like Silverbane said, before your final Byregot, your quality could be quite low, and it's OK as long as you have built up a strong IQ stack, and have saved up enough CP for a strong Byregot combo as ending. I still remember myself having the same question back in ARR 2.0: "But but but... I only have like 50% of the quality bar filled after all these puny touches!" And Sensei Nabeshin told me: "Don't worry if you have a strong IQ stack and saved up CP for a Byregot buffed under GS, Innov and Ingen2. The bar will fill to max in a single blow, and that's the magic of Byregot's Blessing! "

Thus, while manual crafting, I would strongly suggest you keeping an eye on the IQ stack as well as the CZ stack. You gotta juggle durab, CP, IQ stack and CZ stack all at the same time in order to determine when to use what. For instance, if you see that your IQ stack can only at most reach IQ8 before the Byregot, you might as well Reclaim... or you will have to somehow think of a way to increase the IQ stacks (like gambling it by adding an extra WN, but doing naked Hasty Touches without Steady Hand II, and then finish with a naked Byregot phase without SH). And for instance, if you have 2 CZ stacks left, but 30+ durab left, you can do 2x CS II to burn off the 2 CZ stacks, then renew CZ before moving onto the next stage of pumping Hasties. CS II "fillers" are very useful to help us get more CZ out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Caimie_Tsukino; 03-05-2017 at 12:27 PM.

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    if you can spare the progress - try getting back CP with Tricks of the Trade during Flawless Synthesis phase if you get a Good. Then if you can also afford the CP - if you have a Good or Excellent when doing Hasty Touches - replace it with a Precise Touch. If you can also really afford it at the end - use Innovation before Great Strides/Byregots Blessing. and if you really are wanting to court fate and replaced a few Flawless Syntheses with Tricks of the Trade and have the CP - you could go Ingenuity II/Innovation/Great Strides/Byregot's Blessing at the end. Though you'd run out of Steady Hand II when you get to BB, so pray to the Twelve that it succeeds.
    These are all very good on-the-spot modifications of the rotation (in fact, in my opinion they're essential!). If there's an Excellent condition popping (especially if IQ stack is already 3 or higher), I would totally use Precise Touch to boost quality (4x normal quality) and obtain 2 extra IQ stacks, and then somehow find a way to get back that CP deficit later to finish the rotation.

You know what they say? A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. I say...
    "AN EXCELLENT PRECISE TOUCH IN STEADY HAND II IS WORTH MORE THAN TWO HASTY TOUCHES IN THE BUSH" - Caimie Tsukino
    (0)
    Last edited by Caimie_Tsukino; 03-05-2017 at 04:40 PM.

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    "TWO HASTY TOUCHES IN THE BUSH" - Caimie Tsukino
    Today, in Sentences Taken Out of Context.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Today, in Sentences Taken Out of Context.

(2)