Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

[Dev Request{ Comfy Feather Bed For Apartments, and Houses.

Dear Final Fantasy XIV developers, could we please have a comfy feather bed for player housing? I love the cute getting in and out of bed animations that are used in the inn rooms. It reminds me of older Final Fantasy games, and other RPGS that have adorable log out features. Would it be possible to have this in the game? Please and thank you. Edit: I don't know how this posted twice, and I'm really sorry.
    (7)
    Last edited by DamianFatale; 03-02-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylfaein Stormbreaker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    You mean like this?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/bf1dd471b6f/

There are other beds, too. Small ones, cots, and big canopy beds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaein View Post
    You mean like this?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/bf1dd471b6f/

There are other beds, too. Small ones, cots, and big canopy beds.
    Not at all what I meant. What I'm asking for is the bed that you can select to log out, giving you that awesome animation that people are familiar with in so many RPGs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    He means when you log out in the inn, you go to bed. And when you log in in the inn, you wake up in your bed and roll right out of it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amalon Starfire
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Yea I wish you could log out in your house/apartment/FC room like you can at the inn rooms and get the animations of getting in and out of bed as you log in/out. I honestly don't know why they haven't done that yet
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I assume OP is asking for the getting on/off bed animations? I believe the developer team mentioned before the reason why we can no longer log into the house (like the inn) is because the inside of the house are instanced resources, hence if they allow you to log back into the house directly, the housing instance will have to hog the server resources.

The alternative solution I can think of will be to create two emote that mimic the getting on and off bed animation. It's not perfect but would be close enough I guess? The catch?

"Coming to a kupo store near you for $10 USD each, please look forward to it!"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amalon Starfire
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    I assume OP is asking for the getting on/off bed animations? I believe the developer team mentioned before the reason why we can no longer log into the house (like the inn) is because the inside of the house are instanced resources, hence if they allow you to log back into the house directly, the housing instance will have to hog the server resources.

The alternative solution I can think of will be to create two emote that mimic the getting on and off bed animation. It's not perfect but would be close enough I guess? The catch?

"Coming to a kupo store near you for $10 USD each, please look forward to it!"
    logging out in the inns you also get a boost to exp gained when logging back in as well as the getting in/out of bed. This can still be done for housing/apartments/FC rooms only difference would be after the cd of getting out of bed you still appear outside rather than inside.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arden Stonewall
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    This is kind of unfortunate news - I'd love to be able to log in and out from my room, particularly because I'm already in the habit of doing so already. It's a tad immersion-breaking when you log back in standing outside the apartment building. I wonder if there's a way to simply suspend the character's location value and load the instance upon logging in to the system? Regardless, I hope this makes it into the game in some capacity one day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdrink View Post
    This is kind of unfortunate news - I'd love to be able to log in and out from my room
    We were able to log out inside houses when they introduced housing - however it created a lot of problems and additional stress on the server, so they removed it. I know this unfortunate news, but I doubt it will make a comeback, sorry :/

So except for maybe an extended emote when getting up from a bed, I dont see this happening - logging out in our own beds like in the inn-rooms seems impossible (If I remember correctly it had something to do with the fact that houses arent fixed instance like inn-rooms or the outside world, but are individually designed)
    (0)