Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ama Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

A list of abilities that healers get too late and needs changing.

redraw 45>30
    spread 40 >30
    royal road 35 > 30

There is no reason to give AST these cards without these abilities. You get draw at 30 but the reality is, using it is not effective and can be intimating to new players because they can't make something come out of it due to lacking critical abilities. Also, if people find the need to kick an AST out because these abilities are gained too late, let them be gained at an appropriate level.

Esuna 18> 15

it should be learned you can get rid of paralyze at sastasha at 15, no reason to make it 18, this is not throwing off any "balance" other then annoying people

exalted deterimenet 18> 15
    see above

Leeches 40 >15

WHY is SCH 40????????? It is annoying a heck and there is no reason for it. Make it 15, stop having level roadblocks for no reason

With new combat system:
    All healers
    clearic stance, level 6
    protect 8
    stoneskin 34

also protect and stoneskin shouldn't be allowed to be cross classed to non healers (PLD is the exception) the base class concept is a 1.0 relic that lost importance in 2.0. It really should been addressed in 3.0 but since 4.0 it was said you are redoing the combat system, might as well make sure this is on the table.

SCH needs a stun, heavy, and pushback to use in PvP and PvE. How come DPS get these and not a healer? they should be more affinity to have such abilities to healer first. AST and WHM both have them, why is SCH left out with so much?
    (5)
    Last edited by Ama_Hamada; 02-27-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    SCHs are ACNs for their first 29 levels, which gets them a pet knockback at level 4. The fact that they don't have it as an actual SCH is probably another inherent issue with their ACN heritage. I agree Leeches should definitely come earlier, though - perhaps they can shuffle things around so that the whole base healing kit is available as soon as you become a SCH at least. To be fair though, the fairy alone makes up for a lot of the other utility that SCHs are missing in their low-level days.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Auria Storm
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Once you get the fairy, Selene has an AOE esuna move called Fey Caress which is completely OP however you need to force her to use it while on obey. Most new schs aren't micro managing their pets so dont know to use it or that it exists. Its a level 20 ability.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Ama Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by seekified View Post
    SCHs are ACNs for their first 29 levels, which gets them a pet knockback at level 4. The fact that they don't have it as an actual SCH is probably another inherent issue with their ACN heritage. I agree Leeches should definitely come earlier, though - perhaps they can shuffle things around so that the whole base healing kit is available as soon as you become a SCH at least. To be fair though, the fairy alone makes up for a lot of the other utility that SCHs are missing in their low-level days.
    Not cleanse effect and not for PvP. In PvE.. yeah it does not matter that much, for PvE, it be nice but it is a huge pvp issue lacking them.

It does not matter what the outdated logic is, SCH NEEDS a push back and the pvp only ability is absolute ****

Quote Originally Posted by Auri View Post
    Once you get the fairy, Selene has an AOE esuna move called Fey Caress which is completely OP however you need to force her to use it while on obey. Most new schs aren't micro managing their pets so dont know to use it or that it exists. Its a level 20 ability.
    60 sec cooldown though and micro managing it is kinda out of the question with the game pace gives you.
    They can make it higher level, but a basic clenase should be 15
    (2)
    Last edited by Ama_Hamada; 02-27-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alexia Draghul
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I've always wondered why we get Leeches at lvl 40... (Yes I know it's a Job ability but it's still a bit stupid to get it so late)

They could always swap places between conjurers Medica(lvl10) and Esuna(lvl18) and then let Scholars use Esuna as a crossclass ability but with this late into the game, they probably don't care anymore.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ama Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaeth View Post
    I've always wondered why we get Leeches at lvl 40... (Yes I know it's a Job ability but it's still a bit stupid to get it so late)

They could always swap places between conjurers Medica(lvl10) and Esuna(lvl18) and then let Scholars use Esuna as a crossclass ability but with this late into the game, they probably don't care anymore.
    Leveling roulettes, I want it changed, it is annoying as heck
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    You forgot one: Shroud of Saints (WHM 38) The AST equivanelt Luminous something(forgot the name) is level 7.

The AST cards are fine. They're basically their job abilities like holy, regen, etc. You don't really need them at those low levels... but mana regen on whm... yes... yes... we need that thanks...
    (2)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    AST has all the necessary tools that a different healer would unlock at 50, at lv30 lol.. and more.

Going into Sastasha you already have your emergency heal/mini-Benediction(Essential Dignity), emergency MP and enmity down(that Aether skill), Lightspeed for fast healing, raise and cleanse. You can cross class Protect, Cleric Stance, Blizzard II, Stoneskin and Swiftcast.

Come lv34, you already have a regen and a stance to increase heals and spell speed, AND enmity, AND cards.

Lv38 you get your "Virus" and it doesn't have an immunity attached. Your enhanced Benific II is a guaranteed crit which makes it way more effective than WHMs.

Lv42 you get your "Medica II" that is Aspected Helios.

To top it off, at 50 you get "Divine Seal"(Synergy) but it's just better because you can also heal the tank without focusing him/her.

AST leveling is very off-balance with the others..
    (6)
    Last edited by Magic-Mal; 02-27-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alexia Draghul
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ama_Hamada View Post
    Leveling roulettes, I want it changed, it is annoying as heck
    Speaking of Leveling roulettes, isn't it weird that when doing lowlevel (below lvl30) dungeons, we have access to less crossclass abilities than if we would be at that level due to being a job, but we have no access to our job abilities so it's 100% a loss (except for scholar who gets the fairy but that's a special case).

If I could have it my way, I would let us keep our crossclass-slots up till level 25 when playing as a Job and just don't get any more slots after 25.
    That way, we have access to the same amount of crossclassabilities as the people at that level.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xaeth; 02-27-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dynamo Malevolti
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    White Mage regen. it would be useful for lower level dungeons so I can do more damage and not have to worry about healing as much.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast