Thread: 100M GIL taken

Player
    Character
    C'eleanor Greywolfe
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Learn from this. The only person who should have promote/demote and access to gil inside company chest is you and you alone, until such a time that they actually fix this oversight.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Gokuhan Kai
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    As much as it sucks you have partial blame in this for giving an untrusted stranger that kind of permissions, but it's also a MAJOR flaw that people can promote above their own rank.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by myahele View Post
    SE should never allow anyone to promote themselves into a higher position than they are already in.
    Why the hell is that possible?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Miyha Manaya
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaemus_Jodocus View Post
    I don't think I am allowed to say name or share screenshots. It's not about shaming anyone, I am just seeking advice. I am pretty hurt at the loss and motivation is low for the game.
    A similar thing happened to the old FC I was a leader of, though not nearly to your scale, and the dude came back practically begging me to forgive him days later. So I didn't feel the need to slander his name. (I think a very vengeful co-leader of the FC did though. :/ )

But if the damage was as bad as you say and this guy did it in cold blood and is attempting to disappear, I would plaster his name and what he did everywhere you can get away with it. Make it impossible for him to get into another FC, make the server exile him. As was already mentioned, the GMs won't do squat about it, but the community sure as hell will, and the community deserves to be aware of what trash lurks among them so the same thing doesn't happen somewhere else.
    (16)

"・・・イイ!"
    Let's be friends! Use my recruitment code to get cool stuff: R24ZGHF4

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    Why the hell is that possible?

Yes it makes no sense. The only person that should have access to promote/demote and change hierarchy settings is the FC leader.
    (5)
    Last edited by Naria; 02-20-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ice Beam
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 17
    Personally, FC's shouldn't even be allowed to have money.

Take Blade and Soul for example, once you donate gold, it cannot be returned and can only used for clan crafts. And Guild features are binded to clan members. So pretty much anything using clan resources is worthless outside the clan.
    (4)

Character
    Erik Mynhier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyha View Post
    A similar thing happened to the old FC I was a leader of, though not nearly to your scale, and the dude came back practically begging me to forgive him days later. So I didn't feel the need to slander his name. (I think a very vengeful co-leader of the FC did though. :/ )

But if the damage was as bad as you say and this guy did it in cold blood and is attempting to disappear, I would plaster his name and what he did everywhere you can get away with it. Make it impossible for him to get into another FC, make the server exile him. As was already mentioned, the GMs won't do squat about it, but the community sure as hell will, and the community deserves to be aware of what trash lurks among them so the same thing doesn't happen somewhere else.
    Here is a tip, go look him up on the lodestone and get his member ID# so you can keep tabs incase he tries to fantasia and name change to do this again. One of the members that robbed us I would keep an eye on and inform FCs when they joined and shared privately screencaps of the incident so they are aware and could protect themselves. I'm not going to smear them, but I'll be damned if I let them do it to someone else.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Saito Hajime'
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    youre SoL. when it comes to things like this, GMs wont get involved. youre the one that gave them access. as F'd up as it may seem, theres nothing you can do
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    Yes it makes no sense. The only person that should have access to promote/demote and change hierarchy settings is the FC leader.
    If you have a big FC, there ends up being too much small stuff for a single person to micromanage, so they often have different officers in charge of different things.
    There are a number of other situations I can think of that get easier through giving others the right to promote/demote others but not gonna list them all here. Just for example:
    Let's say you have someone who is doing something bad while the leader is offline. The other officers can take his rank away so he can't do anything anymore or even kick him entirely.
    I don't think the feature in and of itsself should be abolished, it just needs to be set to off by default and the entire rights part needs to be clearer and more customizable in general.

From there, all you can do is expect players to be somewhat causious. After all, if in real life someone asks for the key to the cellar so he can take out the trash for you
    but you give him your entire key chain including the key to your home, you will most likely get lucky because most people are not thieves, but if you got unlucky and all your stuff is gone,
    insurance companies are not gonna be very helpful because they'll argue you gave him access to do it.

As for the actual topic:
    It may be hard, but think of the really important things right now. The most important things can't be destroyed by something like that, and that's the bonds you forged with your fellow FC members
    Banding together after losing a lot can only make you even closer, standing together in the face of hardship. All you lost are just numbers in a game, they can be recreated.
    After a big loss, everyone usually works extra hard to get to the point again you were at before, so getting there is a lot faster than it was the first time around. Don't let that kind of thing bring you down!
    (2)
    Last edited by Atoli; 02-20-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by myahele View Post
    Sadly nothing will be done.

SE should never allow anyone to promote themselves into a higher position than they are already in.
    I do find that to be an odd feature of this game. I'm not going to say it's a first, but it's not how I'm used to any sort of guild/clan/free company working in any other game. Usually, aside from any system that allows an inactive guild leader to be replaced, you can't ever promote yourself or anyone else above your rank or sometimes even to your rank.
    (3)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast