Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by seekified View Post
    Same. I dunno, maybe I have big hands, but I regularly use my right thumb to operate the D-pad when moving about, or I just use my index finger to move the thumbstick so I still have my thumb free for the D-pad. That's something that's much harder on a keyboard, because you only have your left hand for walking and hotkeys, and the only way around it is an MMO mouse.
    Not really.. Unless you need to be strafing for some reason you can just use the mouse to turn and run forward.

Actually the biggest problem I run into using keyboard and mouse is that modifier keys while moving tend to do wacky things. Specifically Shift will tend to cause me to halt right in my tracks if combined with a movement button. I have absolutely no idea why this happens but it does. I've learned to play around it so that I can still do things like heal people while running, I just have to double move every time I'm going to do something like that (my heals are all on shift-modified keys).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    Actually the biggest problem I run into using keyboard and mouse is that modifier keys while moving tend to do wacky things. Specifically Shift will tend to cause me to halt right in my tracks if combined with a movement button. I have absolutely no idea why this happens but it does. I've learned to play around it so that I can still do things like heal people while running, I just have to double move every time I'm going to do something like that (my heals are all on shift-modified keys).
    You probably have a keyboard that doesn't have full n-key rollover. Pressing certain keys together causes the keyboard to simply not register any other keypresses. N-key rollover is a big selling point on fancier gaming keyboards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by seekified View Post
    You probably have a keyboard that doesn't have full n-key rollover. Pressing certain keys together causes the keyboard to simply not register any other keypresses. N-key rollover is a big selling point on fancier gaming keyboards.
    Maybe, though it doesn't happen in any other game. This tends to cause me to blame the game rather than the keyboard.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2