Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniond View Post
    Wrong. Thats not the issue. The issue is tank and healers are told to DPS. If you really want to resolve this issue. Remove Tank/healer stances from the game. That way Tank can only worry about holding aggro and healers only have to worry about healers.
    I think that would make things worse
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Liadan Grimglaive
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 20
    This is still true. I was glad to see the Ivalice raids replace tank slots with dps slots (there aren't even any mechanics for two tanks in most duties!). I can't understand why this sort of thing wasn't expanded in Stormblood, though.

The queue times are still absurd for DPS. I main tank, and I feel bad for them. It's one of those frustratingly simple problems to fix: CREATE MORE SLOTS FOR DPS TO FILL. I have yet to hear a single reason why this shouldn't be -standard-. Five-person parties are common elsewhere for this reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jijifli Kokofli
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyTigress View Post
    This is still true. I was glad to see the Ivalice raids replace tank slots with dps slots (there aren't even any mechanics for two tanks in most duties!). I can't understand why this sort of thing wasn't expanded in Stormblood, though.

The queue times are still absurd for DPS. I main tank, and I feel bad for them. It's one of those frustratingly simple problems to fix: CREATE MORE SLOTS FOR DPS TO FILL. I have yet to hear a single reason why this shouldn't be -standard-. Five-person parties are common elsewhere for this reason.
    Guys they released the Necromancer job early it looks like.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Thread necro. But the answer to this question is to get rid of the trinity system of tank, heals, and DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post
    Thread necro. But the answer to this question is to get rid of the trinity system of tank, heals, and DPS.
    Yea that would likely change the game even more than 2.0 did.

You're better off finding a different game if you don't want to deal with a trinity system.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Timeraider Garanyi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Might add to that its doubtfull it would be a good idea for them to add a new healer/tank job regardless. They are already having trouble maintaining and balancing 3 :P
    (0)
    Yep ...... This surely would be a good place to place a famous quote...
    But lets not.

Player
    Character
    Sikah'to Tahqa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    To be fair, I don't give a damn whether the tank or healers are balanced... First, because they are, we're just nitpickers, and second, because I'll play an underpowered job anyday for story content or dungeoning rather than keep palading or warring, because despite my love for all the three tank classes, you get tirée of their aesthetics.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aylis Tessier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I'll admit I would totally adore 6 player dungeons. If not just for the sake of being able to run them with more friends and not feel like total crap for having to leave a friend out due to the 4 player dungeon set up currently. Weither or not it helps dps ques. It could but I don't know for sure. Just cause their really isn't a tank or healer shortage. Its just that this game along with other games tanks and healers are often friends list and guild exclusives. Personally speaking I've been in this meta for years as I'm sure other healers and tanks are as well here. I typically won't que unless I'm with a tank I know and trust. It just helps keep a low stress run for all involved. My only worry with six player parties is if by adding more dps it would mean naturally more difficult content in terms of mob health and more mechanics added, and if this alone would push more players that main tank and healers into that friends and guild lists exclusive only bracket and we would be back to square one with the dps que timers as those same tanks and healers roll as dps classes to not deal with the stress.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maybelline Charmers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Yea that would likely change the game even more than 2.0 did.

You're better off finding a different game if you don't want to deal with a trinity system.
    To be fair, the trinity in this game barely exists anyway, it would only be a small step to remove it all together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    A good way to solve DPS issues ?
    If people would stop acting like *** harassing new tanks and healers maybe we would have more vocations ?

Last time I played my lvling tank I warned my team that I was a "baby tank still learning"....only got a "shut up and be better" answer -_- I left the party and went on FATE grinding leaving 2 DPS to queue again
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast