Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Starting with SB, they should have made dungeons 5 man and upped the health on enemies. However it only partially helps due to it putting more stress on healer and tank which I am sure they are trying to avoid with the upcoming changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Derio View Post
    Starting with SB, they should have made dungeons 5 man and upped the health on enemies. However it only partially helps due to it putting more stress on healer and tank which I am sure they are trying to avoid with the upcoming changes.
    Why that assumption? From the start, even at minimum ilvl, dungeon requirements for healing and mitigation have been rather low, and they only got lower over HW.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Drae Wellenbrecher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    Though I do seem to recall you talking about crafting / gathering and looting gear.
    Because crafter and gatherer makes money easily and buy the 4M dungeon minion.
    (0)

Player

I'd suggest a completely new roulette that will put you into a duty with your role chosen at random.

Make this roulette unlocks after you have all three roles unlocked, and goodbye queues
    Or, to be less drastic, let the duty finder queue for multiple roles.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gahz Rilla
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Still won't fix the problem. Every mmo I have played that has the trinity system in place struggles with a shortage of tanks. It has nothing to do with the number of tank classes available, or the number required for any specific content. It has everything to do with people not wanting the responsibility of "leading" group content.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWhit View Post
    Still won't fix the problem. Every mmo I have played that has the trinity system in place struggles with a shortage of tanks. It has nothing to do with the number of tank classes available, or the number required for any specific content. It has everything to do with people not wanting the responsibility of "leading" group content.
    Alternatively, those with "soft" roles or "spectrum-ed" roles have no such issues, since everyone's about equally capable and culpable of/for group responsibilities. Hmm.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I wouldn't mind having a larger party than 4, I've always felt like 5-6 is better for a party size personally. That being said, I feel as though Palace was their solution to DPS queues since it takes whoever in whatever order they queued in. Now, I do want to add I understand that part of the issue with palace is that there are plenty of fights where if you don't have a healer it's basically impossible. But I attribute that more to a failure in design, specifically, if you're going to create content that can be done without a healer then it needs to be tuned assuming there are no healers or HP recovery, that is currently not the situation.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    DPS queues are long, have always been long, and will continue to be long.
    SE's choice of 4-man parties condemned DPS to this problem, no MMO has a proportion of 1:1:2 tank/healer/DPS so why SE thought it a good idea to create this situation is beyond me, especially as their previous MMO had a more useful 1:1:4 ratio.

As long as SE stick to this format, and I see no prospect of their ever changing it as I've never seen them even acknowledge there's a problem, DPS will have to suffer this.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pintsized View Post
    SE's choice of 4-man parties condemned DPS to this problem, no MMO has a proportion of 1:1:2 tank/healer/DPS .
    Just to nitpick, SWTOR does! :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Increasing the DPS slots to 3 or 4 instead of 2 would certainly help reduce the waiting times, however, it'd also require more drop rates to compensate, bosses suddenly dropping two or three pieces of gear instead of 1, same with chests.

Other changes that'd be useful for this would be codes to ensure no duplicate item drops, and to ensure only items that can be equipped by those in the party drop, so, no party of PLD/WHM/BLM/BRD dropping gear for DRG or MNK.
    (7)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast