Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

New Housing Zone + Moving existing house

Hi,

So I am insanely excited to move my already Japanese/eastern themed house to the new zone with the announcment that a house moving feature would be added.

(If you're curious about my pretty house, you can see it here.)

Someone however mentioned that Yoshi said there were plans to delay the ability for existing houses to move to the new zone the moment the new zone was up for auction. Is this even remotely true? Or was nothing of this nature said? As I cannot find confirmation on what this person said and it has me a little worried that those of us who are legitimate players and own a house will miss out on the opportunity to swap to the new zone due to high demand & people buying out plots (like always).

I understand that there were plans to delay the purchase of land / houses for some time until after release, however my question here is - was there any mention of the moving feature being delayed beyond this date?

The player that said this stated that Yoshi said he wanted "new players to have the chance at purchasing a house in the new zone before existing home owners moved there".

Can anyone confirm whether or not this was ever stated?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    All I heard from the speech was that they do not want to unlock the housing area until later, like the whole feature - not just specific people (existing owners) and that they will also be adding a house moving feature for FCs who want to move into that new area once they've unlocked it. Not sure if FC was choice wording or if they meant for all houses.

Not a direct quote but supporting, from someone else who was there:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/...gets-new-info/

Purchasing houses in Shirogane won’t be immediately available at the launch of Stormblood, but it will happen “when the time is right” after the release of the expansion, alongside a moving feature to let free companies easily move to Shirogane.
    I imagine I could have missed a detail but to see it missed multiple times in other info dumps i feel means there was no word on delaying the moving feature specifically
    (11)
    Last edited by Shougun; 02-19-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vulpes Moon
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    i've yet to buy a house and can't wait to get one of the new ones. i'd be so sad if by the time i get to it its all gone from people moving
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Ava Rose
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    The player that said this stated that Yoshi said he wanted "new players to have the chance at purchasing a house in the new zone before existing home owners moved there".
    This was 100% not said. Yoshi wants people to have a chance to experience the new content and story and not worry about fighting over a plot at launch. Housing will be available to all players equally. The moving feature will be made available at the same time the new housing area will be.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ffchampion View Post
    i've yet to buy a house and can't wait to get one of the new ones. i'd be so sad if by the time i get to it its all gone from people moving
    On the flip side of that, I would love to move to the new zone and I would be extremely annoyed if all of the plots were bought out by people who didn't have a house and got "first dibbs" just because they dont have one already.. Fair game should be fair game.. Everyone should be on equal footing - even those that already have a house when it comes to adding an entirely new and unique zone.

If they held off on the house moving feature until even days after the wards were up for auction, it would be incredibly unfair to those of us who own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    All I heard from the speech was that they do not want to unlock the housing area until later, like the whole feature - not just specific people (existing owners) and that they will also be adding a house moving feature for FCs who want to move into that new area once they've unlocked it. Not sure if FC was choice wording or if they meant for all houses.

Not a direct quote but supporting, from someone else who was there:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/...gets-new-info/

I imagine I could have missed a detail but to see it missed multiple times in other info dumps i feel means there was no word on delaying the moving feature specifically
    Thanks for the info as all the information I was getting was from reddit and the notes people were posting were rather vague at best. I really hope it wasn't just for FC's though.. That worries me quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyScarlett View Post
    This was 100% not said. Yoshi wants people to have a chance to experience the new content and story and not worry about fighting over a plot at launch. Housing will be available to all players equally. The moving feature will be made available at the same time the new housing area will be.
    Fan bloody tastic! Thank you for clarifying this for me.
    (9)
    Last edited by Altena; 02-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Emilia Summers
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I have a feeling it will be the same shit show back in 2.X series. Where the servers will go down for maintenance and people will spam connect and whoever gets in first gets first dips on the new housing and by the time you login, all houses will be gone. This only applies to highly populated servers, no issue on low populated servers.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalmacus View Post
    I have a feeling it will be the same shit show back in 2.X series. Where the servers will go down for maintenance and people will spam connect and whoever gets in first gets first dips on the new housing and by the time you login, all houses will be gone. This only applies to highly populated servers, no issue on low populated servers.
    Also worried about this however I am one of those people that generally sit on the launcher spamming until the green light flashes on (Maintainence is usually kind to me and ends at 8pm local time).

It likely will be the case, however I am fine with that.. My only concern is that current home owners will be at a disadvantage and won't get the opportunity to move without relinquishing their house..

----

On a side note, I didn't see this but was there any mention of a further increase in wards? I have been keeping up with everything for the most part so I am assuming this was not mentioned.
    (0)
    Last edited by Altena; 02-19-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    The only worrisome bit is he specifically mentioned Free Company housing when talking about the move feature. Hopefully it applies to us bachelor/ettes too because those areas look gorgeous.
    (9)
    Sold a lonely only child an imaginary enemy.

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ElHeggunte View Post
    The only worrisome bit is he specifically mentioned Free Company housing when talking about the move feature. Hopefully it applies to us bachelor/ettes too because those areas look gorgeous.
    Yes now that you guys brought up the wording, this is quite a worrying factor..

I hope this gets clarified in the Live Letter in an hour and a half..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    On a side note, I didn't see this but was there any mention of a further increase in wards? I have been keeping up with everything for the most part so I am assuming this was not mentioned.
    Unfortunately no I don't believe so - that'd be nice :P, but I assume we would likely get another apartment structure which have a decent number of dwellings themselves. I checked the google doc and a few of the main websites before saying that, of course missing information could be missing but I feel fairly certain there was no word of it.
    (4)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast