Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Averax View Post
    I like how this map implies that whomever the cartographer was just decided that maps were hard and just painted a bunch of clouds over most of it.
    More like it's for pragmatic reasons and that SE just doesn't want to spoil aspects of the lore and story that is being kept in reserve for the future direction of the game - the cloud is clearly covering the entirety of Islabard apart from the spires of the Garlean capital poking up through the clouds ominously at the top of the map, so it's clear that the map will altered accordingly when the time comes (note also the Eorzean map is now updated to feature the Shalaryan colony actually designated as such (with the Shalaryan motherland above as 'Old Shalaryan'), and Ala Mhigo actually has it's flag and a proper graphic of it's appearance rather than a placeholder walled city that how the original Eorzea map depicted it as.)

Either that, or it's to hide parts of the map the lore team hasn't actually finalized ideas for yet, there is literally nothing there.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Fuki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'm in love all ready can't wait to explore and find my crafting spot in the city.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    It feels like 2.0 all over again with these three new city states. I have a feeling we'll get to Sharlayan and Ratz-a-Han someday too.
    Will their being irrelevant apart from their access to essentials also feel like 2.0, and all gameplay thereafter? Honestly, if they don't have the quickest access to summoning bell and MB, will anyone actually be using them?

Inversely, is it going to be anywhere near the size hinted at in the trailer, or just a seemingly voluminous area that ends up about 7 vistas worth of corridors like Ishgard?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    In Vegas, they said the new Idyllshire is going to be Rhalgr's Reach, on the Ala Mihgo side, and that we should get there sooner in the story than in previous stories (i.e., no waiting until 67/68).
    I might be misremembering but I thought they said that was the first map we would reach and our "base of operations", that doesn't sound like Idyllshire to me, just sounds like the equivalent of Foundation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    I might be misremembering but I thought they said that was the first map we would reach and our "base of operations", that doesn't sound like Idyllshire to me, just sounds like the equivalent of Foundation.
    It's possible that you're remembering it better than I am.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Averax View Post
    I like how this map implies that whomever the cartographer was just decided that maps were hard and just painted a bunch of clouds over most of it.
    Lol, yeah. I know it's to not spoil Garlemald, but having half of the map just covered in clouds seems like a bold decision by the cartographer..xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post
    Lol, yeah. I know it's to not spoil Garlemald, but having half of the map just covered in clouds seems like a bold decision by the cartographer..xD
    It's just fog of war, that stand for unexplored area. Like in other rpg games, where the map is empty until you explore it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tuya Kagon
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post
    In world it could simply be because the cartographer didn't have sufficient information on the area so the obscured it. Better than making it up (which sone real life cartographers actually did, others just obscured it like this one).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2