Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrilLucifer View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking for double outdoor slots. Just even 10 more would be nice.
    Which doesn't sound like much, but that's 300 more pieces of furniture (30 plots x 10) loading up per ward (again double if subdivisions load up too). Not saying I wouldn't love it if they figured out how to give us more though!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jastre Velikasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Excellent. I should be able to get a medium house by then. Barely.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Victoria Silverdawn
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by heynowjose View Post
    Wait. so is it confirmed that the moving is only for FC? Because that's stupid. Why limit it?
    FC houses actually NEED the move function... for their workshop and airships... otherwise they need to restart all of those... a person house is just what... your house... it would make sense for them to do a FC move first...

I see the biggest issue that everyone has about it being limited is, I may not get a house if I sell mine then try to buy a new one... SE may decide both in the End... but the actual purpose of the move function seems to be for a change and upgrade a FC house without losing their progress...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria_Silverdawn View Post
    FC houses actually NEED the move function... for their workshop and airships... otherwise they need to restart all of those... a person house is just what... your house...

I see the biggest issue that everyone has about it being limited is, I may not get a house if I sell mine then try to buy a new one
    No the biggest issue for people with personal houses have is that they have to be at their plot to demolish their house and then travel to the new one to buy there. During the travelling time there is risk that one or even both plots are bought by other people. And if that happens they'll be left with no house.

Not everyone who wants to move to Shirogane is a houseflipper you know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well i have been unable to get a house thus far so really hope i do not miss out again
    Else i will start a housing complaint thread

I am joking
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    As Elany said, there's a reason. With each ward you're loading in 730 pieces of furniture (20 x 20 sm, 30 x 7 md, 40 x 3 lg) as well as any color variations and then the actual individual estate settings for each house on top of that, doubled if it's loading up the subdivision as well.
    <looks at WildStar house that can hold 2500 items outside and 2500 inside... looks at incoming Community feature that will link FIVE housing plots together for 12,500 displayed decor outside alone (and another 2500 per inside house) plus 2500 limit for the "between" places, plus potential color variations, plus the potential for many animated NPCs and monsters and particle effects>

lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naunet; 05-30-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Naunet View Post
    <looks at WildStar house that can hold 2500 items outside and 2500 inside... looks at incoming Community feature that will link FIVE housing plots together for 12,500 displayed decor outside alone (and another 2500 per inside house) plus 2500 limit for the "between" places, plus potential color variations, plus the potential for many animated NPCs and monsters and particle effects>

lol.
    that community link feature has been on the development table coming up on the 2 year mark (I remember them talking about it before the games final death knell aka F2P) - probably wont ever see the light of day before NcSoft kills off the game...and the housing is solo instanced and does not have PS4 limitations (lol) - of course it can hold more items
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayerinn View Post
    that community link feature has been on the development table coming up on the 2 year mark (I remember them talking about it before the games final death knell aka F2P) - probably wont ever see the light of day before NcSoft kills off the game
    It literally has been on the PTR for about a month now and is slated for release in a patch or two. But keep on with the WS hate.

Solo instance is irrelevant when comparing the number of outdoor items in an entire housing ward in FFXIV with the outdoor limit in WS. Both are a single instance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naunet; 05-30-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayerinn View Post
    that community link feature has been on the development table coming up on the 2 year mark
    Wow even if it is coming out soon two years is a really long time to wait. They would have been better off keeping it quiet and revealing it when it was ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Naunet View Post
    But keep on with the WS hate.
    Not sure where that player is showing hate? Unless you mean their comment about the game dying. It seems to be something many people believe, which is one of the primary reasons why I'm not going to bother with it. I can't really get excited about a game when anyone I know who plays or has played it says it's not likely to be around for much longer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Not sure where that player is showing hate? Unless you mean their comment about the game dying. It seems to be something many people believe, which is one of the primary reasons why I'm not going to bother with it. I can't really get excited about a game when anyone I know who plays or has played it says it's not likely to be around for much longer.
    It's nonsense perpetuated by people who don't play the game but want it to fail because how dare some MMO they don't play try to be successful in even a small way. The game isn't dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Wow even if it is coming out soon two years is a really long time to wait. They would have been better off keeping it quiet and revealing it when it was ready.
    Not really. They mentioned "neighborhoods" as a possible addition to housing a while ago (which was actually in response to player feedback) with no real details other than it was something they'd like to work on at some point. Now we just wrapped up a month of PTR testing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naunet; 05-30-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast