Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

Fan Fest Cleeng stream not working

We can't get it to play video for more than a few seconds, it seems to be having buffering issues even on lower resolutions. Reddit has been reporting the same issue on masse. Is there anything that can be done? We paid a lot of money to watch this now but as it stands it's pretty impossible.

Please SE do not use Cleeng or whatever service is handling the streaming in the future. They haven't been able to deliver since the American one.

Edit: Also we seem to be getting advertisements in the stream?! What the heck, this is a paid service!
    (7)

2. 02-18-2017 06:20 PM
    Reason
    Moved

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    There is no advertisements in the stream, maybe some other addons on your browser is causing them - highjacking trojans can cause advertisements too.
    If you are using windows 10 then i highly recommend not to use "Edge" as browser, because that one is known to have buffer issues on streams. I am using internet explorer 11 and all works fine without any lag or ADs
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutz View Post
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I had advertisements too and other people on reddit also posted about it so sorry Yukiko maybe you had some add ons on that stopped those? (I mean I did not have any adds on installed in my browser and I am quite sure that I dont have any virus on my pc)

Lots of other people also wrote that they have stutters and buffering issues.
    (1)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Lots of other people also wrote that they have stutters and buffering issues.
    Had them last time on Tokio FanFest...
    Well... its hard to tell from distant, there are way too many possibilities that can cause them and not all having same root...
    I like to investigate, but wasnt prepared to do so today... maybe tomorrow on stream...
    (0)
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukiko View Post
    There is no advertisements in the stream, maybe some other addons on your browser is causing them - highjacking trojans can cause advertisements too.
    If you are using windows 10 then i highly recommend not to use "Edge" as browser, because that one is known to have buffer issues on streams. I am using internet explorer 11 and all works fine without any lag or ADs
    We had the stream running on different devices using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox all with add blocks on and each played the same ads at the same time. It was just part of the stream.My SO is also an IT professional so I assure you we have no virus or hijacking going on here. Maybe you weren't watching at the time it was played. If anyone is curious why we had so many variations, it was due to trying desperately to find one that would work reliably. We have fibre optic cable and are located in Europe so I don't believe it was a congestion issue on our end. Eventually we got it to work on firefox albeit the keynote would not stream in HD. Shame we couldn't get edge to work properly as we wanted to use the cast to device feature to watch it on the telly. Oh well.

Quote from an SE official in the reddit thread: "Hey everyone - there were problems with the peering early in that were solved before the moderated part of the live stream began. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let the team know if anything is going awry!
    [EDIT]
    Please make sure to have quality set to "Auto" if you have trouble seeing the stream without buffering, to make avoid any network congestion!"

Thank you for looking into this and correcting it in time for most of the keynote speech. A bit disappointed we couldn't watch it in HD but at least we got to watch it at all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Thats why i used internet explorer, had a lot problems with the other browsers
    Did it on Las Vegas with Firefox, on Tokio with Edge/Chrome and now with Interrnet Explorer...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    And other were using internet explorer and had bad stutters and buffering too and only got better with using chrome ^^; I guess one is either lucky or out of luck.

For 30 € I had hoped that one would be able to watch this at least in HD and without much stutter.
    (0)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Thats why i love computer engineering that much, you never know whats going on ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Heavymetal Goddess
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I'm having similar issues. I was able to watch the fanfest live. A few hours ago I wanted to watch the rest of day 1 videos and I'm unable to view them. I tried them all and they all keep ending after about 1 minutes into the video. It would be nice it gets fixed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    V'ndae Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I'm having these exact same issues. I sent in a query to the cleeng customer support and all I got was an automated message that was so lazily hacked together that the names at the top and bottom of the reply didn't even match up. The quality is 100% unacceptable, I was unable to watch the livestream but trying to view the archived footage is also an impossibility. I don't suppose I'll get banned from XIV if I do a chargeback with cleeng will I?
    (0)