Player
    Character
    Ritsuko Otani
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

A small suggestion when it comes to maps and labels!

Alright, as the vast majority of us know we can see it when marks A, B and C are planted on the map. No issue there.

But when we put marks on players, we can't see them on the map. It can be troublesome in PVP or over large areas, especially when groups divide. To my knowledge, other alliances can't see the marks made.

Here's a crappy example I made:

It'd be good for cohesion perhaps, it was a random idea that just popped into my head and thought that maybe this could be a good idea. There are ways to make it so that the labels aren't an eyesore on the map since we don't have many labels to begin with. Things would be easier to keep track of, at least in my opinion.

So what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alex Lunaris
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    This is something I've noticed too, and would really like it things were added to the map.
    Waymarks is one. Another is gathering nodes. I've noticed they don't show up on the map, but will on the mini-map.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ritsuko Otani
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_LoneWolf View Post
    This is something I've noticed too, and would really like it things were added to the map.
    Waymarks is one. Another is gathering nodes. I've noticed they don't show up on the map, but will on the mini-map.
    That would be pretty nice indeed!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I want to say it probably has something to do with chunks loaded and memory (I'm not real technical, I just have a very vague grasp of limitations). You know, how when you're not looking at something on a computer in a game, it's not loaded, but when you look around, your computer quickly pulls the information is needs and de-loads what it doesn't need. The map is just an image with way points (aetheryte, outposts- static stuff), like...... a map. Nothing to load in and track.

EDIT:
    :x Oh, I'm thinking of occlusion culling, which you can set on or off in this game. So, eh, I guess? Would kind of make the mini-map fairly worthless, seeing as the main map can zoom in or out just as much.
    (0)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 02-18-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ritsuko Otani
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    Snip
    Well, the marks for square, triangle, circle and X don't show on the mini map as far as I know, plus in PVP you need to look at the large map in order to move your and your group properly. I'm mainly asking about those marks you place on the players. But there probably would have to be some fixes in how the map functions yes, but I think it could be do-able.

I've just started getting into it and even when directions are given, people get all over the place or we don't know exactly where a player with Battle High is at, or the healer. This can make them easier to track.
    (0)