Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    FATEs are fun, and another thing which Heavensward completely killed are Levequests, which, while rather monotonous, at least offered some kind of questlike feel before they were bolted on as an afterthought forcing you to keep going back to Foundation. For people who like to play with a partner it doesn't feel very rewarding to level up in Heavensward after the first run-through of the main quest.

Ultimately any kind of grinding - POTD, FATEs, levelling roulette which keeps dumping you in Sastasha with half of your skills locked - leaves you unprepared for party play in some way. It's a separate issue entirely. People who prefer not to think about their role aren't going to start thinking just because you block FATE levelling.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I ran into these in a game called Neverwinter Nights Online.... in the Icewind Dale expansion.... and honestly they were spectacular, random, and fun... also some were really hard.

Rewards were pretty good too, but I did them for the challenge.

Exp was good, and it made you feel like you were in an open world. I loved it. Same thing with these, even if they're less elaborate. And leveling with them was great fun. Anyone could join in and get exp based on what they did akin to what they did in their specific job.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    FATE grinding is still viable. I still level through FATEs. If you were okay with the speed of FATE leveling before, you're going to be okay with it now. It has not changed.

However, I do agree that the options we have for leveling need to be a bit closer. POTD is so much faster than other options that I can understand why people feel forced to do it.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Edge Vice
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 83
    I'm surprised more people aren't asking for higher exp on FATEs (like 50%-100% boost). I can only assume that the multiple FATE events in the past have burned people out on them, but I wasn't here for those and I don't know how much longer I can play POTD/Frontlines. I have started to do FATEs and it feels just unreasonably slower compared to the other two options. I don't even care if it's the slowest option, but the gap is just too large.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bough Pharis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I really like fates from the perspective of 'oh this is a cool boss.' Almost all fates are reskins of other enemies but I love the flavour text and when my WOL participates in one (assuming special ones like fate quest lines) it feels significant to the world or my understanding of the world. Like my WOL has slayed a long dormant vicious forest god or something. I just think they are very cool. My complaint really is that so many have participated in a fate previously its nearly impossible to complete a boss fate with a handful of people in time (not being able to be on at prime time for server). Maybe if there was formula that factored in the number of current people on that map in addition to its regular formula. Just so that the boss fates like the commanders one in the fringes one I've been trying to complete but everyone leaves after first two parts of that fate questline.
    (0)
    WOL is a Primal, the truth is out there. Togekisschoicescarfairslash.

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
    And I'm not saying to go back to that...
    I am.

I missed the Yo-kai event (which sucks since I want that Blizzaria minion), but I did go through the ATMA grind way back when.
    And with that in mind, I don't care how many FATE grinds/events they introduce, they will still be my preferred way to level. Don't have to group and somehow intrinsically more interesting than instances.

I've done PotD through 60 for a few classes and I'm sick of that.
    No interest in doing instanced group content on many classes in the first place (Healers/Tanks), so that leaves levequests and FATEs. The former is just pitiful and FATEs are extremely slow-going as well when you're essentially the only one in the zone doing them (as an AST, no less).

Make Eorzea FATE Again.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Saiah Brea
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I think fate levelling is viable in SB. especially with the added bonus fates and forlorn buffs.

I wish they would add that in ARR and HW zones too.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2