Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't NA players complaining about how bad the clear rates of ex primals in DF were? I've heard that many thought thordan ex, sephirot ex etc weren't farmable via DF and people ended up making no bonus farm PFs. Now with RF we have both the learning queue and farming queue, isn't that infinitely better than how DF was for these ex primals?

Mixing people who want to learn and people who want to clear asap for dozens of consecutive runs doesn't seem to work well. Yeah maybe back then people who should be joining the learning queue might get lucky and carried by 7 farmers, but did you ever think about the messed runs those farmers had because of the few players who have absolutely no idea how the fights (or even their jobs) work? I don't dislike helping others clear contents (and I have helped many of my friends practice/clear exs or savages), but there are times when I want to farm something and not risk running into someone who doesn't have the skills/knowledge to clear just because the system put us into the same queue. The only people who'd think that having multiple queues is a disadvantage are probably those who try to slip in hoping to get carried without spending the effort to learn the fight.
    (1)
    Last edited by aleph_null; 02-17-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Drae Wellenbrecher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I hardly disagree. I've never put a feet in EX when it was in the DF as it would only result in and endless wipe fest and flaming fest. Since RF I tend to do it sometime. Tho I still use PF because if you farm bird at least there will be peops who will loot it and won't roll on it on later runs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jim Berry
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RaijinSupreme View Post
    If people aren't using Raid Finder to queue up for ex primals, they aren't going to use Duty Finder either.
    False!

People ARE using RF. The select the option of completion, while those who haven't cleared has to use "Practice" or whatever it's called. Most who have cleared never use the practice option.
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    My post reduces more damage then parry does.
    {http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/}

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bswpayton View Post
    But the thing is people act like people do not die in dungeons are that Sastasha normal doesnt take 30 mins with a new tank in leveling gear are really any tank that doesnt big pull. And extreme primal is just another que and should be treated as such. No one should have to go out out of their way to do older primals when its a new fresh one thats out now that everyone is playing. From Sophia down should be in duty finder also and fine keep it in raid finder but it should be in both df and raid finder not exclusively raid finder alone the ones who dont like duty finder just simply wouldnt have to use it.
    Yes, it is just another queue, but I have to emphasize that the expectations for DF instances and EX primal instances are not the same. If EX primals were all learning instances, then it would be ok for them to be in DF. However, the farm parties want experienced players, who already know the fights. They are also usually ran unsynced, and anyone learning these fights should not be doing them in these kind of party set ups if they want to take away anything from these fights other than the loot. Going into a farming party without the experience is basically asking to be carried, and IMO are less entitled to the drops. You, yourself have stated in other threads that EX primals are as far from HM primals as HM primals are from story mode.

PF is slower, and it sounds like this is the issue for you. But the benefit of creating a learning party for the EX primals is it takes away TONS of anxiety for those new to the fights, since messing up is now to be expected, and there will always be players willing to coach the new players joining those fights. I can honestly say that is not for PF/RF, I would never have participated in any EX content. Getting other players to do these things has always been a goal of the devs and the community.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Hello, everyone.

Thank you for your feedback regarding this. We don't currently have any plans to make this change, but we're planning to move the following duties from the Raid Finder to the Duty Finder in the near future:
    • The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage
    • Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
    • The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
    • Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme)

We'll continue to pass along everyone's comments regarding this, so please be sure to share them!
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    As a general policy, the trials and raids that drop the highest item level gear available at any given time should remain in the raid finder, and only be moved to duty finder when a new trial or raid with higher item level gear is added to the game.

Seems like common sense to me.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    George Strong
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They're probably gonna be back in DF when Stormblood comes out, since undersize makes em easy.

Also, RF is pretty active in the daytime and sometimes nighttime in the Primal Data Center, but I've seen Sophia to be most qued up, since it pops almost every time for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by EorzeaHero69; 03-31-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Niniru Rui
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I depend on Duty Finder and/or Raid Finder to do my progressions because I don't have groups to play on the same time. I've even called myself the DutyFinder Raider. I've failed securing a group/static for the last 3 years. I hope it will improved better so that I can clear my raid progressions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    As a general policy, the trials and raids that drop the highest item level gear available at any given time should remain in the raid finder, and only be moved to duty finder when a new trial or raid with higher item level gear is added to the game.

Seems like common sense to me.
    I agree. Raid finder works wonderfully. But eventually those duties will move back down into the duty finder.
    (0)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Rly? Since the Clusterwide PF Raid finder is basically dead on shiva, at least on the times i Que... I used to learn sophia with it, worked like an charm, but now... you wait for hours >_>

Though i gotta admit they should just add the "Completed only" option for premade parties on DF too...
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9