Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Put it on a 3 min CD imo. Or 2.5 so that you can still coordinate it with Living Dead .

It's not even that strong, idk why you people are against shortening its cast, since 2.5 minutes is still pretty long in this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernosaur View Post
    Put it on a 3 min CD imo. Or 2.5 so that you can still coordinate it with Living Dead .

It's not even that strong, idk why you people are against shortening its cast, since 2.5 minutes is still pretty long in this game.
    While I wouldn't complain about a benediction buff, it is not the buff that white mage needs. Personally, again I wouldn't complain, but I'd prefer focusing on the issues that lead to white mage being the least preferred healer rather than going down a road that won't change the status quo.
    (3)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by winsock View Post
    Good at healing NPCs though.
    oh yeah... first time i've thrown bene on Estinien i thought "Damn i want a Drg with 32k LP too!" .___.

Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    (...) I'd prefer focusing on the issues that lead to white mage being the least preferred healer rather than going down a road that won't change the status quo.
    uh true. Yo, Yoshi make whm great again
    (1)
    Last edited by Neela; 02-15-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mim Silmaril
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Bene and Tetra emergency CDs? Wat?

Bene can be used 2-3 times in a dungeon, 4-6 times in a 24-man and about 2 times in a raid or ex fight (if anyone would take WHM instead of AST).

Emergencies...next thing people want to tell me that Hallowed Ground is an emergency CD for healer fuck-ups. GG.

If you lower the CD to 2.5 min in some fights it'd available for 50-100% of the tanbusters.. totally legit...
    2x WHM and with regen they'd never have to leave CS.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neophyte; 02-16-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernosaur View Post

I thought about this as well, but honestly, I'd be fine with a 40% reduction in CD, as long as it only heals 60% of max HP as well.
    Though some want it to remain a full heal, we really dont need it, we just need enough healed to recover from the dmg. (Also let it improve with convalescence, for DRKs living dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Bene and Tetra emergency CDs? Wat?

Bene can be used 2-3 times in a dungeon, 4-6 times in a 24-man and about 2 times in a raid or ex fight (if anyone would take WHM instead of AST).

Emergencies...next thing people want to tell me that Hallowed Ground is an emergency CD for healer fuck-ups. GG.

If you lower the CD to 2.5 min in some fights it'd available for 50-100% of the tanbusters.. totally legit...
    Honestly dont know of too many fights where tank busters are that far apart.
    As a DRK, i have to take into consideration how many GCDs I have till a tank buster, and If i can drop girt, and not get a DPS loss from needing to bring it back up for a tank buster.

Only on easy content would tank busters be that far apart.
    (1)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 02-16-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    are you serious..? o.o
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post
    I thought about this as well, but honestly, I'd be fine with a 40% reduction in CD, as long as it only heals 60% of max HP as well.
    It could be reduced to 1 minute and still not be over powered (although it would be kinda weird with tetra at 1min as well)

Outside of healing NPCs, a full heal really isn't a strong mechanic. This is almost solely because of the the way damage typically works and because of the amount of overhealing that occurs when (and after) you use benediction.

In general, you see mechanics like dmg spike -> raid damage or raid damage -> dmg spike, and a heal needs to occur between the 2. At the end of the day, as long as they were healed 'enough' to not be killed by the second attack, it really doesn't matter how large the heal was.

The real benefits of benediction are because of the following:
    * It heals 'enough'
    * Can be used while mobile
    * Can be used in cleric stance
    * Can be used off gcd.
    * No mp cost
    ^ with the exception of the cleric stance perk, SCH and AST already have kits that destroy WHM in the above areas.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    I'd prefer focusing on the issues that lead to white mage being the least preferred healer rather than going down a road that won't change the status quo.
    Oh yeah, I agree. I'm just saying that, with WHM's current state, there's literally no reason at all to not buff Benediction like this. As the guy before me said already, a full-heal in this game is not even remotely powerful. If anything, the big deal of Benediction is the fact that you can use it while in CS, which still is not powerful because lol WHM's MP management when DPSing.

People can say all they want about how it was done to make AST played more before the expansion, but after the ridiculous buff to Balance and Celestial Opposition, they could literally make Cure II heal 200% and reduce Benediction to 1 minute and it would still not be unbalanced compared to all the crap we SCHs and ASTs can do.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by winsock View Post
    Worst 'instant' heal.
    Not worth 5 mins.
    Good at healing NPCs though.
    If only NPCs ever mattered other than in ridiculously easy story content and maybe some fates.

Hell, Benediction breaks ON OUR OWN WHM QUEST. If you use it on the zombie dragon it heals full but the battle goes on. It's rather ridiculous.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Healing in XI was more MP expensive and slower and tanks had fewer cooldowns. But, Benediction was an AoE full heal and removed all status ailments. It was basically an LB3 without the raise.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast