Player
    Character
    Seku Halvone
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisengrim View Post
    Hey look, another person that's triggered by the mentioned of FFXI for some odd reason.

They were making a comparison to a previous similar game in the series and saying it could be worse, if benediction were like that. Sounds like a decent part of the conversation to me.

At 5 minutes though I forget to even use benediction most of the time though. I mostly use it when using holy in dungeons and the tank gets a little too close to dying.
    Not so much triggered as much as trying to keep the thread on topic. It would be like saying. "Thank god this isn't the original FF1 you could only do cure 4, 5 times! Be happy you have a mp pool to do more cures!".

I personally like benediction mostly as is for the same reasons other have stated about the instant top off for DRK. I also like it for when you're trying to let your tank get near death so you can squeeze out as much dps as you can in a dungeon and then take them back to full health in a second.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Korra Sato
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    As an AST main I'very personally cleared WD off Dark Knights with a single benefic 2 and have done it several times with essential dignity. It's not all the time on every run buthe I have done it. 20k critical heals are fun
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Really, be thankful it's only five minutes! It could be like it how it was in the old days in FFXI when it was on a two-hour long cooldown! It's meant to be an 'emergency' heal to throw on the tank in a hurry, not a main part of your healing kit. So I don't see SE ever changing this I'm afraid.
    Ahhh, but Benediction in XI didn't just restore a target's HP to full, it topped off everyone in your party. It also had a troublesome side-effect of grabbing all the hate due to the amount of HP restored that was very difficult for the tank to get back, essentially making it a self-sacrifice. I quit playing XI in '09 so I do not know if adjustments were ever made to it.

Healer LB2 in this game is a watered down version of bene in XI (restoring 80% opposed to 100%), and each have repercussions for using it. XI suffers a 2-hour cooldown, and XIV has you take away a very high potency attack or defensive buff from the party, so each requires strategic use. While bene in XIV is very powerful, it's not on the same scale as bene in XI. I won't argue that the 5-minute CD is too long, but it most certainly isn't too short.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    It could be like it how it was in the old days in FFXI when it was on a two-hour long cooldown!
    Anywhere between "Once a day" and "20 minutes" is very common for an instant full heal in other games.

But in other games, you also cannot heal for like 30-40% of a DPS max HP on a standard GCD without going OOM in a mere handful of casts. So the relative power of a full heal is quite a bit weaker in FFXIV and it stands to reason that a lower CD would be justified.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    To the various people talking about LD status and how fast it is to heal the DRK up:
    Assuming either spell crits, It takes one Benefic II weaved with an essential dignity to top the DRK off. Essentially diginity, like most buffs in the game, snapshots the current values of the Tank's health when it's casted. Which means you can cast Benefic II, and pop ED right after, ED will act as if the tank still had 1HP, resulting in some truly massive healing.

For SCH, it takes quite a bit more. Emergency tactics adlo and probably two Lustrates.
    Although in an actual raid setting, you won't be healing WD off by yourself, so really it's not even that bad.

The issue with Benediction comes in the form that while it does simplify topping someone off, they can only make use of this every 5 mins. SCH and AST can match Benediction's power every minute.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sadako Yamamura
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    To the various people talking about LD status and how fast it is to heal the DRK up:
    Assuming either spell crits, It takes one Benefic II weaved with an essential dignity to top the DRK off. Essentially diginity, like most buffs in the game, snapshots the current values of the Tank's health when it's casted. Which means you can cast Benefic II, and pop ED right after, ED will act as if the tank still had 1HP, resulting in some truly massive healing.

For SCH, it takes quite a bit more. Emergency tactics adlo and probably two Lustrates.
    Although in an actual raid setting, you won't be healing WD off by yourself, so really it's not even that bad.

The issue with Benediction comes in the form that while it does simplify topping someone off, they can only make use of this every 5 mins. SCH and AST can match Benediction's power every minute.
    I think you forgot Tetragrammaton and (to an extend) Assize in the mix for White Mage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica_Ashtine View Post
    I think you forgot Tetragrammaton and (to an extend) Assize in the mix for White Mage.
    I didn't. I don't consider Assize in the same category of an emergency heal. It's too weak and, again, on mostly used to supplement our absymmal MP management rather than a reliable insta heal.

Tetragrammaton however, is really good. Probably one of the best insta heals imo. Still, looking at healer kits overall, AST and SCH have more options to get people up quicker and much more often.
    Benefic II's proc is a monstrous heal for instance, and can easily handle most TBs single handedly, and within a minute, you're bound to get at least 3 of them. It's not as obvious how good it is because it's tied to a proc, but it's very strong.
    (5)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KorraBelle View Post
    As an AST main I'very personally cleared WD off Dark Knights with a single benefic 2 and have done it several times with essential dignity. It's not all the time on every run buthe I have done it. 20k critical heals are fun
    if 20k is already enough... seems just half way of a current savage tank... ^^'
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'd be less against shortening the cooldown if they made it unusable with cleric stance :P WHM already have a very decent instaheal with tetragramaton (is this even how you spell the thing) on a short cooldown, so...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Worst 'instant' heal.
    Not worth 5 mins.
    Good at healing NPCs though.
    (11)