Player
    Character
    Astarme Alsar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Add the option for Fast cast ground targeting

Currently when using ground targeted skills you have to click them, aim them and then click again. This can be problematic as the game sometimes doesn't recognize it fast enough, especially when it's an oGCD like salted earth, when you're also clicking other skills in quick succession causing the skill not to go off.

I'm aware that <t> macros and macros that just spam the skill 15 times exist but <t> macros are bad for when you need to place the skill somewhere to hit multiple targets and the 15 lines spam is not as consistent as well.

GW2 does this already as you can see here and it's extremly useful.

tl;dr: give us a <t> macro where the target is our cursor.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Adding something like <cursor> or <ground> to mean "the ground under the mouse", in contrast to <mo>'s "the character/mob under the mouse" would be a big convenience. Knowing how touchy the game can be about camera angles and visual obstructions, we'd still mistarget the occasional ground effect though.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Azephia Dawn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I just came to this forum to make this exact request. Coming back to FFXIV after an extended break touring other MMOs, I have noticed the severe awkwardness of the manner in which Area Creating Actions are controlled and activated is a distinct downgrade in the comfort of controlling my actions.

I would be satisfied with having access to options similar to Guild Wars 2:
    • Old / outdated: Current system: activate skill, then Left Click the ground location.
    • Double keypress: Press the action hotkey once to activate the Area Creating reticle. While the Area Creating reticle is active, press the action's hotkey a second time to confirm placement.
    • Hold and activate: Hold down the action hotkey to activate the Area Creating reticle. While the Area Creating reticle is active, release the action's hotkey to confirm placement.
    • Instantly activate: As soon as the action's hotkey is pressed, automatically create the action's Area Effect at the current location of the user's cursor. No Area Creating reticle is displayed.

I would also appreciate another feature that other modern MMOs have implemented for Area Creating Actions: an option to limit the Area Creating reticle's placement distance to the boundaries of the ability's range limit.

In other words: If an Area Creating Action has a range limit of 20 yalms, then while the Area Creating reticle is active, the user's cursor will become 'locked' or 'bounded' such that it cannot be extended beyond the Area Creating Action's range limit. So, the user cannot encounter the red 'out of range' color, or receive a range error when clicking.
    (4)