Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    yeah, sometimes it feels like we should be payed by square enix, because our job is basically keep the playerbase happy, like some kind of entertainer, or kindergarten teacher xD
    oh, you messed up? here, have an extra heal.
    not enough dps to clear the dps check? i'll go to cleric then and solve the issue for you...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    When you're rezzed, you're invulnerable. This invulnerability goes away the moment you touch anything on your hotbars
    Interesting, thank you for the tip!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Venjiwenji Lala
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Saying this as someone who has never done anything in FF14 other than tank - I love my healers, even when they aren't that great, like in early dungeons that pop in DF and it's a truly new player doing the job. Only time I ever give a commendation to a DPS is because the healer wasn't in the list anymore because they exited. I've even given comms to the healers who made me pop heal potions vs easy bosses, easy pulls, etc.

When not tanking in MMOs, I do heals, and it is a thankless task. So from just one tank out there...thanks.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzwaitwhat View Post
    I've mostly had positive experiences as a healer, so when I recently started getting mainly jerks who have no problem blaming me for every bad thing that happens and treating me like shit.
    Have any advise for when the other armor starts to dent?
    Sorry you experienced this, I can empathize, but unfortunately assholes are everywhere in game and out. Ive played wow and eso and it seems they are everywhere. I coped with it by realizing that some people are either very immature or they are just 'kids' So their behavior could be excused. That behaviour does deserve a second thought and try not to take it personally. Most people are ok on this game and it does have one of the nicest communties, maybe cos theres more rules in place to discourage bad behaviour.
    (0)

Character
    Y'aschas Massif
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 72
    Become MNK. Become mustard race. Love life.

Monk is love. Monk is life. And you can tank in PotD!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Venjenz View Post
    Saying this as someone who has never done anything in FF14 other than tank - I love my healers, even when they aren't that great, like in early dungeons that pop in DF and it's a truly new player doing the job. Only time I ever give a commendation to a DPS is because the healer wasn't in the list anymore because they exited. I've even given comms to the healers who made me pop heal potions vs easy bosses, easy pulls, etc.

When not tanking in MMOs, I do heals, and it is a thankless task. So from just one tank out there...thanks.
    Its nice that someone like you took the time to thank healers for keeping the party alive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Varin Athers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I've been healing since ARR, and I've experienced both sides. I remember one time on Brayflox when I was trying to level up my SCH we were having trouble with the final boss. The tank was absolutely furious with me because I couldn't remove poison from him. I kept telling him that I didn't even have access to Leeches yet, but he wasn't having it. I was so mad, I quit playing for about a week.
    I can understand getting tired of healing, its a thankless job that requires lots of attention and swift decision making. I switched over to BLM and BRD just to have some variety in playing. I still heal quite regularly because I really do enjoy it, but it's always nice to take some time off from carrying the whole party. ; )
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shion Virai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I liked playing ast at first, but over time, it began to stress me out. Something about randoms and their unpredictability, espically. I don't know if the random tank is going to try to pull the entire world in one go or not. I could've asked beforehand, I guess, but trying to type when sometimes people can barely wait for protect is...yeah. Puts me on edge when I have to sprint to save the half dead tank who's still collecting mobs, then somehow trying to pace healing so I don't take agro (lol yeah gl pacing with all of that dmg being taken).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shion Virai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Then, there are times where I literally feel like I'm being forced to carry lazy trolls or something. One instance, some drg kept being a little crap and stood in front of the mobs (tbh I didn't notice this until my tank told me). Then, at a boss, he just stood there doing fuckall, after that, continuing to not really do anything besides auto attack. The monk started to do the same, but still dpsed more than the drg. Then at the end boss, drg still wasn't doing much/following blatant mechanics, so I asked him what he's doing, he said he's "new". I looked his info up and he had drk and some other junk lvled, so he definately wasn't new. It was a lower level instance, but it's pretty ridiculous how lazy they were being. They were from the same server too, surprise surprise. Should've kicked the drg, honestly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shion Virai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Or, getting a co-healer who sits in stance 90% of the time so that you have to heal literally everyone taking dmg and then ultimately run out of mp. They got out of stance THEN for about 5 seconds, they weren't even healing THEMSELVES. So I just let them drop, and the drg who admitted they were too busy watching something to lb, a couple others died as well, but it was near the end anyways, so we got through it.

Special mention to having to spam heal a lvling drk who was in more caster gear than they should've been, with a couple of LEVEL ONE accessories.
    And, I didn't get a single comm from all of those stories. I'm guessing that they didn't care that I carried them, or they were too lazy to click that comm box.
    I'll just stay on my drg, thanks. (Does this fit in healer horror stories better? )
    (0)
    Last edited by Astrololol; 04-05-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast