Player
    Character
    Onyx' Xyno
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    I don't think Monk offers enough dps to sacrifice utility that other melee jobs bring. Monk should be well above the others to justify bringing one over the others.

It should be on the level that when people ask who does the most dps, the immediate answer should be Monk. No argument. It's not that way now.
    totally agree. Right now Monk just slightly above in matter of DPS, it is no enough to take him in a party because of the great SELF-dps utility
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't think Monk offers enough dps to sacrifice utility that other melee jobs bring. Monk should be well above the others to justify bringing one over the others.

It should be on the level that when people ask who does the most dps, the immediate answer should be Monk. No argument. No ifs or buts. It's not that way now.
    This as well. People severely overestimate the DPS capabilities of Monk.
    On similar player skill levels, a DRG having the same amount of uptime as a Monk will do about the same amount of dmg, 50-100 or so DPS short of eachother.
    I could see if Monk did as much as a Black Mage, but the reality is it only barely brings more than another melee that offers more damage to the entire raid.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shirayuki Kova
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 66

It should be on the level that when people ask who does the most dps, the immediate answer should be Monk. No argument. No ifs or buts. It's not that way now.
    I think its actually more a function of raid design. They really need to design fights which have pros and cons of going either defensive-safe or offensive-risky. Like I said earlier with A8S, it was much riskier and harder to do DRK-Nin-DRG compared to doing PLD-Nin-MNK. Both approaches were viable because the fight was long and tedious enough that execution accuracy was a factor (hence the riskier DPS comp may mess up more and waste more time).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Onyx' Xyno
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I think its actually more a function of raid design. ).
    One of the main problem here is that the gear of the Monk, Dragoon and Ninja is not common like healers, tanks and other classes have. Yes, it is good to have Monk in one fight (with hard hps check) and Ninja-Dragoon for another, but the gear cant let you. If a player play by Monk, he cant just switch, he need an ALT. This variant is not suitable for most players, because the lack of time and it is TOO BORING to do all the actions for 2 characters every week- roulettes, raids and so on. Also it means, that all players in the raid must have ALTS too to go to the Savage two times per week
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2