Player
    Character
    Daiki Kiyoshi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60

MSQ SPOILERS!!! Question

Sorry if it's obvious and I just missed it but what primal was the Griffin trying to summon? Supposedly something stronger than Bahamut himself but I can't think which one. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    J'inwa Dakari
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I don't think anyone knows, really. We can make guesses though. A friend and I were thinking Neo Bahamut, Bahamut Zero, Anima (FFX), or maybe Hades. Some people were saying Rhaar, since that's who the resistance guys were calling for when they died, but he's one of the Twelve so I don't think that's possible. But who knows.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robin Icebrand
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Most likely Rhalgr, the Destroyer, one of the Twelve and the patron deity of Ala Mhigo.

Also, for story and/or lore related questions, we have a Lore subforum here under the Gameplay section. There's currently a 3.5 story topic in there if you want to see further speculation.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Anavi Anael
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I think they were trying to summon Rhalgr personally. Like Amariel said, the one guy was calling out for him as he died.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Kiyoshi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteltain View Post
    Most likely Rhalgr, the Destroyer, one of the Twelve and the patron deity of Ala Mhigo.

Also, for story and/or lore related questions, we have a Lore subforum here under the Gameplay section. There's currently a 3.5 story topic in there if you want to see further speculation.

Yeah I figured one of the twelve wouldn't make much sense but who knows. I'll check out that section of he forum. Thanks for the tip
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DaikiKiyoshi View Post
    Yeah I figured one of the twelve wouldn't make much sense but who knows. I'll check out that section of he forum. Thanks for the tip
    Technically if they summoned Rhalgr as a Primal he wouldn't actually be Rhalgr. More than likely though the Griffin aka Ilberd will be the new Primal's conscience similar to what happened with both Phoenix and King Thordan since he was directly tied to it's creation. On the off chance that's not the case, then more than likely it'll be something similar to Good King Moogle Mog XII whose primal was influenced by what his people thought of him and not actually having his traits. Since the Ala Mhigans who died at the battle wished for the power to crush their enemies, it's safe to say that this primal will probably not be benevolent like the actual Rhalgr.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I can see it being the Ala Mhigan resistance ideal of Rhalgr

Louisoix would have risked summoning primal versions of the 12 if he didn't stop the ritual, which he planned on doing.

The Archon’s plan was to summon the Twelve using forbidden arts known only to him. With their combined strength, he was certain that he could prevent the fall of the lesser moon. Such strength, however, posed a threat in itself. Should Eorzea’s patron deities assume physical form, it seemed more than likely that they would be prone to the same appetites as the gods of the beastmen. Should that prove the case, their mere presence would bleed the land of life. And so Louisoix would instead call upon a fraction of the Twelve’s power—enough to stay Dalamud’s descent, and no more.
    “It seems a fine balance to strike. Are you certain you can do it?”
    Louisoix’s voice was distant. “Mayhap not. But the Twelve cannot be suffered to set foot upon Eorzean soil.” And then, head bowed, he told her the rest.
    http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniv...?rgn=na&lng=en
    (1)
    Last edited by myahele; 01-21-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteltain View Post

I agree. It was most likely Rhalgr.
    (1)

Character
    Saltire Dalamiq
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 73
    I'm still in the Shinryu camp, given the context. Rhalgr seems too obvious whereas Shinryu has a fairly consistent 'rivalry' with Omega since their debut in FFV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tam Hawkins
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Dragoon View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that not beeing the actuall Rhalgr.
    The rule of creating something new out of their imagination only applies for beeings that where not primals before like Good KIng Moogle Mog and Shiva which were a living Moggle and Elezen in the past, for all we know the twelve are nothing different from Primals like Garuda and such (don't forget they are gods for the wild tribes) and as far as I know we do fight the actuall gods, at least as far as the game tells us.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast