Player
    Character
    Olclessiy Yolmathaer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteltain View Post
    I prefer the new WAR Anima to all the other steps. Why? Because it actually looks like an axe that a person can feasibly use for once.
    fantasy games. why do we have normal looking crap in a fantasy game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robin Icebrand
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NargaHuntress View Post
    fantasy games. why do we have normal looking crap in a fantasy game.
    It has magic-looking runes carved into it and emits blue flames. Beyond adding arbitrary spikes and over sizing it, it's got plenty of fantasy going for it already. So I fail to see the reason for your hostility.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Olclessiy Yolmathaer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteltain View Post
    It has magic-looking runes carved into it and emits blue flames. Beyond adding arbitrary spikes and over sizing it, it's got plenty of fantasy going for it already. So I fail to see the reason for your hostility.
    say any opinion and people say im hostile. jesus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blufnix Greedalox
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NargaHuntress View Post
    say any opinion and people say im hostile. jesus.
    People tend to exaggerate when they start getting heated, so hostility may not have been the best word. But you did just compare a runic axe with blue fire to this
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Olclessiy Yolmathaer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedalox View Post
    People tend to exaggerate when they start getting heated, so hostility may not have been the best word. But you did just compare a runic axe with blue fire to this
    ok. let me rephrase. the base is poop. runes/glyphs and sparkles is... ok.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GMERC View Post
    People just don't want to see it because they looked at a bad angle in the fitting room and are looking to whine about how "it's t-too small!! looks like level 15 weapon!!!!!!!"
    "People" (myself being one) are complaining about the base model. Not the glow.

To me, the glow is fine.. However 95% of the time we have to stare at a glowless Iron Labrys on our back. If the axe head actually extended out to the glow, with a similar elegant/simplistic "style" (perhaps some better texture quality too) I would be all for it. In its current state it really is just far too small.

However your opinion doesn't matter. Your WAR is 36.
    (0)
    Last edited by Altena; 01-21-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blufnix Greedalox
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    However your opinion doesn't matter. Your WAR is 36.
    Well, everyone's opinion matters when it's something like visual appeal. I don't have warrior to 60, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the axe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedalox View Post
    Well, everyone's opinion matters when it's something like visual appeal. I don't have warrior to 60, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the axe.
    However you didn't spend 129471892379813981 hours (exaggerated obviously) working toward this step, in order to get something this underwhelming.

The base model is a niche taste at best. Something best saved for a glamour or primal weapon, not a relic that requires massive time investment.

It needs to look "impressive". It needs to look like the devs put as much effort into designing the weapon as we put in to get it. Currently it doesn't. That is the complaint.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blufnix Greedalox
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It needs to look "impressive". It needs to look like the devs put as much effort into designing the weapon as we put in to get it. Currently it doesn't. That is the complaint.
    I'll be the first to agree that in the model viewer it doesn't look that great, but quite a few naysayers have really come around already when they view it in the actual game. I've been there with the grinding countless hours only to get something you visually don't like (I just finished my Deathlocke today! I'm happy with this stage), some of the previous stages of my gun have been underwhelming and sometimes not the best- but at the same time I'd come to the forums and see how happy so many other MCH were with it, so I just glamoured it away until the next step. It's very difficult to make something everyone likes but this isn't exactly a situation where NOBODY likes the axe either, so who is "wrong" with wanting the axe changed or not?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rynka Shadowrane
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    However you didn't spend 129471892379813981 hours (exaggerated obviously) working toward this step, in order to get something this underwhelming.
    Any excuse is a good excuse to discredit anyone's opinion that doesn't match your own, eh?

And I've had to deal with shitty visual models the entirety of my MNK anima, Sultan's Fists were a nice looking pair of gloves with razors attached to them. Everytime I had to look at my DRK friend with that hulking monster slayer of his Anima, I was totally jelly.

And now, this new stage are some nice looking UFO fists but incredibly bloated when unsheathed and with probably the weakest effect among all the weapons.

Dev's artistic vision is seriously questionable at times, but if they deem it looking good, then that's how it flies. We may not consider some of these impressive, but if even one person likes them then they deserve to be as they are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lewtskie; 01-21-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast