Character
    Onyx' Xyno
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80

Sprint can not use TP

Good day

Dear SE, I think it is not right, that sprint uses all the TP. Magic classes can freely use it anytime and it really helps in many battles, but all physic classes cant use the sprint wherever they want, because they will not be able to attack

Please, rework the sprint mechanic

Thank you
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Dirty Paws
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Your just being silly now.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Wafflesmack
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Sorry, but this is kinda weird. You could also say: "Casters have to stop moving to attack. Melees don't. Please fix that." ._.

I think it's absolutely fair, since Melees (including Tanks) can attack while moving around, that the casters can freely stay on spot a sec longer, than use Sprint and run to a safespot.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaVerves View Post
    I think it's absolutely fair[...]
    Well, PvP already proved it to be unfair. It's also unfair in PvE, people just usually don't care that much there, especially since you move less in general, so the dis/advantage isn't as pronounced as in PvP.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    How about a Sprint meter and a Sprint button? Maybe make it the left shift key or something.
    (1)
    Last edited by Khalithar; 01-19-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ikki Wiki
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This is not silly at all, and let's not forget Bards and Machinist have to stay in place casting too, and yet they can't freely empty their TP for sprint.

Sprint should be available equally for everyone, or not available in raids at all.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cait Zilla
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Bards and Mechs can turn off the Wanderer's Minuet/Gauss Barrel while they wish to move around quickly and still be able to perform many of their attacks, while the magic classes can't mostly do anything while moving (including sprinting)
    and they both can have access to Invigorate to replenish half ot their TP every 2 minutes.
    (5)
    Last edited by Chocolys; 01-19-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    There's a reason we get Weapon Throw in PvP: Sprint actually is unfair. :P
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It does make sense when you also consider that sprint will tend to be a magic job's only movement ability (BLM has manip but they need a good target for it to be at all useful... use with mouseover for a good time!). Most melee jobs have some method of engaging/disengaging quickly and/or repeatedly. Tanks get kind of hosed there but they don't tend to have to run around nearly as much in any event. BRD and MCH can turn off their bow/gun mage stance and run around all they want until they're in position and can turn it back on again.

Now what I'd like to see is getting disconnected NOT draining your entire TP pool. That's some bs right there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Saying "PvP proves Sprint is unfair" makes no sense, because the specific situations that require sprint in PvP do not exist in PvE.
    You need sprint in PvP to either catch up or run away from a target that is also using sprint (which is possible ONLY because your opponents are real players too).
    Opponents in PvE do not have sprint, therefore anything and everything can be reached/outrun/evaded without sprint.

If you are calling for an ability that makes it easier for you to evade AoEs as a melee, I'm going to call for equal HP pool and def on mage as melees have + the removal of the need to stand still during casting,
    otherwise that would not be fair and balanced either, that melees can get hit more and can keep attacking WHILE evading AoEs while I have to cancel everything just to move.
    Some things are just differences in role design, not actual imbalances. I vastly prefer these differences over everyone being exactly the same, just the weapon animations being different >.>
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast