Explanation for the Issue Causing the Height of Vertical Hotbars to Change

Greetings, adventurers.

We would like to share a message from Hiroshi Minagawa from the User Interface team:

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Greetings, everyone. Minagawa from the UI team here.

In Patch 3.5 we released a feature to choose different hotbar layouts; however, we have encountered a bug related to this and I would like to inform you of the status.

Issue
    The space between each icon has become wider than before for vertical hotbars (hotbars 7 to 10). Due to this, the HUD layout for the vertical hotbars has changed, and it will not allow layouts without any gaps in between each icon.
    Cause
    We introduced the hotbar layout selection feature in this current patch. During testing, we received feedback from our testers stating that the text that displays the shortcut key on the top right and the action cost overlaps when the hotbar is displayed vertically. In order to address this, we made adjustments and expanded the space in between each icon, so the visibility of the numbers is clearer.

At this point, in order to not affect the existing HUD layout, we prepared a special process for hotbars 7 to 10 so that this spacing does not occur; however, this isn't being processed properly. For this reason, all vertical hotbars are displayed with the spacing.
    Resolution
    This bug is affecting those who have made detailed adjustments to their HUD layout; therefore, we're going to quickly revert the display for the vertical hotbars (1x12) to the previous display.

We're going to try and get this going as soon as possible, so instead of doing it as we planned, where we apply this to hotbars 7 to 10 specifically, we will apply this to every vertical hotbar (1x12) from hotbar 1 through 10 so that the spacing will be reverted back to how it was prior to Patch 3.5.

For this reason, with the above change, the height of the hotbar will revert back to the original height, but we will be prioritizing a fix for the issue where it is not possible to do what you have been doing up until this point.

This adjustment requires patching the client, so we'll have the operations team follow-up with the details on when this will be applied.
    We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause until the fix is applied.
    (12)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Thanks, that's weird looking.

I'm curious if this same problem would occur any time buttons are laid out in some kind of stacked pattern (2x6, 3x4, 4x3, 6x2). Alternatively you could give us a button padding slider to adjust the spacing ourselves.
    (1)

Hello again, adventurers.

We would just like to make note that this spacing issue with the vertical hotbar has been resolved as of Patch 3.51.

Thank you for your patience!
    (6)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Rodger Ritter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    So now when I try and align bars 5 and 6 configured as 4x3 with bars 7-10 configured as 3x4 even if I take the time to make it perfect the bar forcibly snaps after leaving the HUD settings either up or down a significant amount making it literally impossible to align them. I think before you reverted the change it was possible to have perfect alignment so I'm not sure why you'd take that ability away? Also please can you consider looking into direct x y numerical inputs like featured in ElvUI so I don't have to spend so much time doing guesswork?

For reference look at the bottom right where the wyvern and pickaxe meet:
    (0)
    Last edited by Coldbrand; 02-01-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sithgear Solidus
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Please give the button padding slider so we can manually adjust spacing between buttons as well as x and y coordinates for setting up UI
    (0)
    PSN - Sithgear75