Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Koyo Sorakiri
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Agreed. Bad form. A lot of people don't like spoilers, but there it is, the crux of the whole 3.5 story... right out in the open.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aria Ashford
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I successfully avoided it up until I ran the dungeon and one of the people had the title on. -_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruruneji Seseneji
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Whats worse is that according to reddit the french/jp/german verdions of the title is "the finest pupil" or smth like that. Did the team forget to localize the title or did someone have a bad day?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kling Klang
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I finished the story and then checked the title in English and WOW thats a major spoiler right there.
    German translation is much better, its something like "Master Pupil"/"master scholar". Thats 0 spoiler.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mysuke Tokiwa
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kling-Klang View Post
    I finished the story and then checked the title in English and WOW thats a major spoiler right there.
    German translation is much better, its something like "Master Pupil"/"master scholar". Thats 0 spoiler.
    That was really a weird translation for the english text.

Thank god i had titles disabled for a long time so i didn't get affect by this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brown Sugar
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 62
    Ali really was a lifesaver this time.
    (0)

Greetings,

I'd like to share a comment from Koji Fox regarding this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji Fox
    Please allow me to deeply apologize for the lack of discretion used in the localization of the player title received upon completing the 3.5 main scenario quest. The decision to proceed with what is (as of Jan 18 JST) in the game was my decision and my decision alone. While the title was meant to be a reflection of the Warrior of Light’s role in the story, there is no excuse for my inability to realize that the particular choice of words would affect those players who had yet to complete the quest. As a result, my lack of foresight has marred the gaming experience of countless fans.

The current plan is to hotfix a new title in as soon as possible, with full awareness that this cannot undo the damage that is already done. I have spoken with Yoshida-san on the issue and have promised to personally work to ensure similar missteps do not happen in the future. We greatly appreciate the efforts being made by players who have already completed the quest to help ensure those who have not from being affected, and humbly ask that that everyone continues to do so until the issue can be addressed.

I once again sincerely apologize for this inexcusable error in judgment.

Koji Fox
    As this is something we will be correcting, I will be locking this thread in the hopes that we can minimize the number of people that are impacted. As Koji mentioned, we would appreciate everyone's continued participation in helping ensure your fellow adventurers avoid this by not using the title in question.
    (64)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2