Player
    Character
    Lumi Aura
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    I wish it were 2/rune. It takes me about 10 A1s runs per rune.

Looking for something faster it takes way too long to get a party together and can't keep one together for more than 15-20 runs.
    Farming a9s is about the only thing faster than a1s.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kane Blackstone
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Now that I'm done with DRK and NIN I was unsure what to do next....then I saw pictures of Aettir! I don't even play PLD but its time to get that Anima to 270.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    This relic step is like driving across Kansas - f***ing endless and boring as hell.
    At least with umbrites, I could farm lore on any job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xenos Dragneel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I hated umbrite farming with f***ing passion. I'll take light farming over the hellish umbrite step
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGrace View Post
    This relic step is like driving across Kansas - f***ing endless and boring as hell.
    At least with umbrites, I could farm lore on any job.
    Agreed, the lore (and other) grinds may be a bit annoying, but at least you can do them with any and all jobs, plus with bonuses for dailies, etc. it means less runs if you do it over a longer timespan (WTF, you mean you don't have to grind everything out on the first day)...

That light grind though, whole other level, and after 6 weeks of feeling like I had to tank every damn thing (why did I choose PLD??) I finally gave in and did A1S, 70 f***ing times…

It’s over now though, and I’m back to being able to enjoying the game (including tanking), but yeah, I'd give any of the lore grinds a 10/10 compared to that (Unidentified X step is still a 6/10 though, mainly because it took about twice as long as it reasonably should have).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Onyxia Dragonborn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidblood View Post
    less runs
    But much more time, especially before 3.55. I spent 48k lores for my 2 animas. And I spent only 6 hours on light farming (for one anima) in a1s during bonus windows (robust).
    (0)
    Sorry for my Engrish.

Player
    Character
    Telesforos Thrivaios
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Light grind is so mind numbingly exhausting. I just did it for my second relic and I'll have to do it again for my next two (I've got a lot of free time clearly) but I bounce back and forth between hating it more and hating the umbrite step more. Even with the nerf it's still just ridiculous. I think the hardest part about light grinding is you basically do the same thing for hours whereas during the umbrite step you at least can do other stuffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyxia View Post
    But much more time, especially before 3.55. I spent 48k lores for my 2 animas. And I spent only 6 hours on light farming (for one anima) in a1s during bonus windows (robust).
    True, but I would rather spend 20 hours over a few weeks doing a variety of dungeons (and some side activities) than 6 hours repeating the same mindless 2-3 minutes over and over and over...

Which is to say, if the light grind was reasonable outside of a1s / a9s I wouldn’t have minded so much, but that it takes close to 10 weeks of 'normal activity' vs. 6 hours of mindless grind is just ridicules….

If a1s takes 3 minutes for X light, an ‘expert’ dungeon, which is about the same difficultly given the gear levels, and takes approximately 20 minutes, should have given at least 4*X light.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3